We Should Turn Preference Points/Bonus Points into a Commodity

This assumes every unit is draw.

Plenty of OTC areas exist so if you want to hunt, ya can.

For NR's, it levels the playing field, especially with guided dudes soon being the ones that have the points to outcompete you public land slob hunters. ;)
O and ita all random. Private land owners, outfitters, etc. No more welfare in the democracy of one person, one choice for a hunt

Future bonus and preference points are as useful as a dollar bill hit by Joe Biden’s inflation.

O and ita all random. Private land owners, outfitters, etc. No more welfare in the democracy of one person, one choice for a hunt

Limited Entry is fine. Especially once we go to a 99/1 ration instead of 90/10.

I kid. Of course.

I hate points. With a passion.
In a perfect world, I do like them. If the system had even the best tags being drawn consistently with 13 to 15 points, solid tags for 10 to 12, good for 6 to 9, average for 3 to 5 and poor for 0 to 2 it's great. You can pick and determine how long you want to wait for the quality of experience you seek after.

This perfect world doesn't exist yet and therefore why we debate :cool:

This perfect world doesn't exist yet and therefore why we debate :cool:
YARN | Science shows no mercy, and neither do l. | Land of the Lost (2009)  | Video gifs by quotes | d7132a1e | 紗

I started the points game about 21 or 22 years ago and had some absolute great hunts because of that commitment. I have friends that started the points game between 6 and 15 years ago and they have enjoyed some great hunts because of the commitment. We also have drawn hunts in NM without Pts.

Pts or no Pts some folks will find things to complain about and try to change things to best suite their personal needs. They might even rename those actions and thoughts and use the words FAIR or Better hell they will even use statistics to prove it to you.

Be happy where you are in the PTS game you have lots of opportunity

Or get rid of points all together and just go back to a random draw.
Can you imagine the outrage when somebody who has applied 15-20 years in a random draw state finds out a person drew a tag on their first or second time applying?
The whining will never end because there will never be enough tags to satisfy demand.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NTSS
Back