We Should Turn Preference Points/Bonus Points into a Commodity

BenInMT

All these points should be transferrable on some kind of exchange that puts a lower limit on their value. Each one should be base priced somewhere higher than the total amount it would cost a NR to draw the tag. I don’t really see this as any less equitable than how it is now but at least it would give a guy with fading dreams the chance to get some billionaire‘s money. Some of us could probably retire. Good idea or is Covid eating holes in my brain?

All these points should be transferrable on some kind of exchange that puts a lower limit on their value. Each one should be base priced somewhere higher than the total amount it would cost a NR to draw the tag. I don’t really see this as any less equitable than how it is now but at least it would give a guy with fading dreams the chance to get some billionaire‘s money. Some of us could probably retire. Good idea or is Covid eating holes in my brain?
Nope

I actually kind of like the idea if it was just for "one year only". Would be a way for those people that have lost faith or are just stuck in "no mans land" for a high quality tag to get their money back.

You sell the points back to the state and they set the selling price, something like $100-$200 a point. There is a deadline to do this and than the state lists the points back "up for sale" with an extreme price/point and the market purchase rate can dictate the price (i.e. state changes price based on purchase rate) with the goal of having them sold out after 1 month.

The state could make SO MUCH money doing this. And in the end, its still the same NET points in the system except for the fact that a lot of points will get removed for that year because the hunts are naturally going to require a lot more points.

Create a plan to do this once every 10 or 15 years or something like that so people can plan around it.

This WILL NOT work for the species that are in super limited quantities. So it likely doesn't work for non resident sheep where there might only be 20 total non-resident tags. There needs to at least be something like over 1000 tags total issued for that species in order for this to achieve its goals. Otherwise, there will just be 20 people with a crap load of cash that are willing to outbuy everyone else and if someone outbuys them by 1 point, they would just get the tag the following year and then the next billionaire and then the next and so forth. All of the people in the market that are willing to buy 100 points or whatever to ensure they get the tag they want need to be removed from the pool in 1-2 years.

Last edited:
You sell the points back to the state and they set the selling price, something like $100-$200 a point. There is a deadline to do this and than the state lists the points back "up for sale" with an extreme price/point and the market purchase rate can dictate the price (i.e. state changes price based on purchase rate) with the goal of having them sold out after 1 month.

The state could make SO MUCH money doing this. And in the end, its still the same NET points in the system except for the fact that a lot of points will get removed for that year because the hunts are naturally going to require a lot more points.
Yea, it is always good to reward the makers of the Ponzi scheme.

I'm surprised you guys with very few or no points don't want to tax points
Point systems tax our children for our benefit. Squared point systems are akin to giving the bull tags to the landowners,
except we give the tags to old people.

Do it! What's points going for? If u sold ur points what did u get for them?

Dr Evil How About No GIFs | Tenor

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back