Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

we need a heater for camping

Justin0

Hi. I am Justin, a newbie for this forum.
My girlfriend and I will go camping with my friends recently, this is our first time to camp, we are so excited now.
We have read many "camping guide" and have prepared many things for this camping.

But we still looking for a tent heater. We are afraid the sleep inflatable mat, sleep bag, and tent will not enough at night.
Some people said a lot of heaters will produce condensation and toxic CO. Can you recommend a safe tent heater?

Last edited:
Heaters in confined spaces increase the carbon monoxide poisoning risk. Unless you keep the zippers open but at that point, whats the point??

Supposedly the mr. heater buddy heaters do not put off co emissions. I have seen a couple tests done on them. I don’t think I would personally trust it in a tent though. Get good sleeping bags and layer up, when camping with my wife I always go for sleeping bags that zip together. Body heat is better than a heater camping.

Supposedly the mr. heater buddy heaters do not put off co emissions. I have seen a couple tests done on them. I don’t think I would personally trust it in a tent though. Get good sleeping bags and layer up, when camping with my wife I always go for sleeping bags that zip together. Body heat is better than a heater camping.
I have never heard that. I know some buddy heaters have an oxygen sensor. I have one and it starts to smell funky while ice fishing when everything is closed up. Dont trust a heater that uses propane

ive got the big buddy,,i really like it,,ive even tested the oxygen sensor and it will turn itself off if oxygen gets too low,,keep your distances ok and i would think it would be fine in a tent,,personally id keep it within reach,,get settled in and turn it off when sleeping,and reach over and turn it on for a while before you get up and out of the bag just to play it safe.ive used mine with a 5 gallon tank with the buddy propane filter set up on it.it will work at 11500 ft too,even though they say it wont.

I've never seen a tent that looks like a puffy jacket before. Not knocking it but wow that thing is wild. Layers and a INSULATED pad you should be just fine unless your headed to the Arctic. Wood stoves are the only way to go. I don't care what any tests say for any heater if it runs on gas it ain't running in my tent all night. Good old wood is the only way.

I gotta say though that tent is effn weird.

Like these guys said, bring lots of blankets and plan to sleep in your outerwear. Never run propane while you sleep, definitely not in a poly tent. Hopefully you are just car camping, so if you get cold you can get in the vehicle and let the heater run. You might take a beating your first shot at winter camping but you gotta start somewhere.

I've never seen a tent that looks like a puffy jacket before. Not knocking it but wow that thing is wild. Layers and a INSULATED pad you should be just fine unless your headed to the Arctic. Wood stoves are the only way to go. I don't care what any tests say for any heater if it runs on gas it ain't running in my tent all night. Good old wood is the only way.

I gotta say though that tent is effn weird.
I just looked at the link. That is a strange tent. I really dont think a heater is necessary. You could probably sleep naked in that thing with the AC on in that thing.

I just looked at the link. That is a strange tent. I really dont think a heater is necessary. You could probably sleep naked in that thing with the AC on in that thing.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the same thing. Looks like a damn quilt I don't even get how something like that would even work but hey maybe its the latest and greatest backpacking secret.

I do a lot of winter camping, I never use any heating system for the tent. I do use 2 sleeping bags. I put my lighter summer bag inside my winter bag, nice and warm. Also helps to do the following

Change clothes before you go to bed. Never sleep in clothes you have been wearing. They are wet, even if you don't think they are.

I personally only sleep in my undies, but have been know to put on long johns, wool socks and a long sleeve tee shirt for nights that are below zero

I do put on a stocking hat at night for bed. Keep boots and mittens close to the door unless you have a pee bottle.

alot of times I will put the next days clothes in the hood of the inside mummy bag, use if for a pillow until i turtle my head inside of the bag to sleep

In case this isn't a bot advertising a knockoff tent on Amazon, what others have said is correct. A heater isn't a good idea inside that tent.

In case this isn't a bot advertising a knockoff tent on Amazon, what others have said is correct. A heater isn't a good idea inside that tent.

I think you are correct sir, can’t imagine the person that would buy that tent being an actual HT member.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back