Wayne LaPierre Resigned

We have over 300 million people in the US. It amazes me the leaders we chose. Larry the cable guy, Hank Jr, the guy I know from the gun range. I feel like I could easily find better fit for most of our CEO's and politicians.

Praying we get someone honorable and intelligent to resurrect the NRA and represent us.
The NRA is neither honorable nor intelligent, so don't hold your breath. They lost me in the mid 1970's - they don't represent hunters, they represent themselves first and foremost, then the insane, greedy, self-absorbed far right who, given their rhetoric, think ICBM's should be the right of every citizen to own under the 2nd amendment.

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” 2nd Amendment, United States Constitution, ratified on December 15, 1791.

Encouraging news! Here’s to new leadership continuing to support our Bill of Rights. God Bless America…

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” 2nd Amendment, United States Constitution, ratified on December 15, 1791.

Encouraging news! Here’s to new leadership continuing to support our Bill of Rights. God Bless America…
Sometimes cutting off the head of the snake does not actually kill the snake. "New" leadership may not be possible with the culture of excesses that have existed for decades now which were very well known and allowed to exist through driving out Ollie North who asked valid questions about various self-dealing of the leadership and shone a light on related parties enriching themselves without a real bidding process. He was treated much the way Serpico was when he tried to clean up the police force.

Denial within the Catholic Church caused harm long beyond awareness there were predators actively being allowed to remain in contact with children. Honorable men and women were impeded and driven out of the Church for raising the alert as leadership would move a Priest out of America to prevent police inquiries.

Well, NRA is on the clock...I have zero confidence the organization has suddenly put the rudder in the water to protect anything but their lifestyle and privileges. They stayed silent when funds were being diverted from the mission. Shameful. What say you?

The board of directors allowed all these things to happen. They even approved that deal that wayne would receive his full salary after retirement. The board is made up of theives same as the executive staff. I cant see anything ever changing at the NRA.

One of the issues that all activist groups, like the NRA, face is that if they are really good at their job, the put themselves out of business, and that's bad business. Does the NRA really want to solve gun rights issues? If they do, what happens to them?

The NRA was created to organize, sponsor, promote, and regulate national and international competitions. This they have abandoned in recent decades. There is nothing long-term for them to do EXCEPT make noise about gun rights. They are in it for the fight, not for the victory, because they have nothing else left.

Good riddance. NRA is dead to me due to his behavior. Chased off Ollie North who wanted accountability. Bought fancy pants shirts in Beverley Hills. How special. Set up an apartment for a, ahem, young intern. How nice. He was toxic.
Makes me wonder who would be a good fit to productively represent NRA.

Mind you Republicans and Democrats continuously bring garbage to their constituents for primaries... R and D are no better and IMO, far worse than Organizations as they hold public office / supposed public "trust".

That in mind, I'd be curious, who would be a good public figure --- with a brain that's able to fight hard to prevent Gifford's and the like from forcing us to regulate everything to include BB guns?

That in mind, I'd be curious, who would be a good public figure --- with a brain that's able to fight hard to prevent Gifford's and the like from forcing us to regulate everything to include BB guns?

No one "with a brain" is going to take this on. For everyone like "Giffords and the like" there is another on the other side looking endlessly whether the leader has some how sold them out.

The gun issue is so intractable, I don't think it is at all possible resolve to anyone's satisfaction.

No one "with a brain" is going to take this on. For everyone like "Giffords and the like" there is another on the other side looking endlessly whether the leader has some how sold them out.

The gun issue is so intractable, I don't think it is at all possible resolve to anyone's satisfaction.
IMO, NRA holds a solid foundation that is more than capable to overcome crap years. Companies (GM), NPO's (United Way) have recovered from internal turmoil.

As a life member (gift during my youth), and formerly involved with YHEC at our former NRA gun range, I've seen first hand the immense value NRA has brought to our youth and our protections for America's Second Amendment.

I am not a fan of LaPierre, ever since he went on the offensive of, if I recall right, "Jack Booted Thugs" - Piss poor means to respond to the less than stellar ATFE approach at the time. Glad this tree was shaken though to discount the value of NRA... is short sighted and amplified by a well established Liberal agenda.
It's the ole chop the tree vs pick off the bad apples. Add to this the Liberals agenda to hinder quality funding and votes for predominately Conservatives.

The National Rifleman Association is far greater than the coruption of a few.

That said, IMO, return Ollie North - have him take the lead, shake the tree further and have them get in line or get pushed out. Nature of the massive NRA. I also like Allen West.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back