Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wasted bull and poor choices story

• Thread starter Deleted member 18333
  • Start date
I don’t always hunt property lines, but when I do… eeeh! Just kidding I’m usually hunting property lines. That’s why I shoot vlds, don’t like knocking on ranchers doors during season.

Happened once in archery season , called a bull right out of the parking lot, buddy stuck it at 30 yards, 150 yards from the truck and property line. just a little forward and he got in that shoulder. Got the whole thing on video, looked like a dead bull to everyone, expected to find it within a couple hundred yards but it made it back over the fence. showed the video to the GW and landowner and landowner had no problem taking us in to look for it. we had proof it was on public when he arrowed it. 2 full days searching and never found it. Heartbreaking, nice 5pt.

I really need to move on from this deal but I'll share one more example of why I don't believe anything that guy says. From his thread about the Ewe hunt on rokslide:
He ranged it 420 METERS I dailed my scope and shot under her about 5” not know what the heck happened! She then comes to 380 METERS and I dial down and shoot again. I hit her back right leg as she’s quartering toward me, low again! I then take a third shot at 380 METERS and shoot her flank as she’s quartering toward me, couldn’t believe it! I was just shooting 600 yards 6” groups the day before. She bedded down and I decided to dial up further because my shots were all low and smoked her! I was frustrated but so excited! As we started to walk down to the Sheep Landon says “Wait, you shoot yards?” I said “Duh, who doesn’t?” Blank expression from Landon says he does. Turns out he was feeding me Meters instead of Yards and that’s why I was shooting low.

Funny excuse, maybe plausible? So according to him shooting for 420 yards when real distance is 460 yards (even though youtube shows 503 yds, maybe difference between line of site and horizontal distance?). So anyways, difference in drop with ammo he claims to be using between 420 and 460 yards is about 6" and he said he missed 5" low. So if he were holding for correct yardage he might have nicked some hide/fat/muscle. The kicker is the video when played in slowmo shows an obvious vapor trail and bullet impact from shooting OVER the sheep's back and far back where it would have been a guts or further back impact if elevation were correct.

Reactions: OMB
Anyone else get a laugh out of his claim he rolled his truck to preserve a rancher’s fence?
if my choices are rolling my truck or mending some broken fence for a rancher I'm going with the fence. Sounds like he was distracted reaching for another barley soda in the back seat instead of paying attention to the road.

can the landowner shoot you for trespassing?
How much trouble do you get in if you just started to process it and the warden showed up?
Unless you corner-crossed, they technically can't castrate you for it. But you'd probably outgrow your camo before you could legally use it there again

He walked 16 miles that day? BS. He should get a ticket for that alone…

He walked 16 miles that day? BS. He should get a ticket for that alone…

If I know the elk are moving in a certain area that’s near private I bring my .375HH Mag. Breaking bones and unloading until it’s down.
Seems to many newbies shoot once and then grab Bino’s or their phone instead of emptying the magazine.

HAMMEriNG HArD shOulD BE ILLEAGLe!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back