Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Washington/Oregon coast fishing

brockel

Heading out this week to do some ling cod, rockfish, and tuna fishing off the Washington/Oregon coast and I’m pumped. Anyone if you done any fishing out there? Let’s see some pictures

We did an off shore bottom fishing trip two weeks ago out of Newport. Managed to limit out the boat for rock fish, then went for cod with no luck.

Make sure, if you’re able, toss out some crab pots as well. We ended up limiting our on dungenous crab for the boat also.

Cooked up some rockfish for dinner last night, very mild white fish. Even my kids liked it.

I hope to make it over to Westport in September for the tail end of salmon and a day of deep water rockfish and lings. Awesome fleet of boats and captains out of that port.

We did an off shore bottom fishing trip two weeks ago out of Newport. Managed to limit out the boat for rock fish, then went for cod with no luck.

Make sure, if you’re able, toss out some crab pots as well. We ended up limiting our on dungenous crab for the boat also.

Cooked up some rockfish for dinner last night, very mild white fish. Even my kids liked it.
Can't beat the Oregon coast for crabbing. Dropping the pots off on the way out to fish is a big bonus.

Also, 4 out of the 5 in our group, including my two nephews spent a significant amount of time chumming over the rail. Hit the Dramamine if it’s remotely possible to be an issue.
Bonine. Works as well as Dramamine without the drowsinesss. Really helped me on some multi-day trips out of San Diego back in the day.

Also, 4 out of the 5 in our group, including my two nephews spent a significant amount of time chumming over the rail. Hit the Dramamine if it’s remotely possible to be an issue.
What works for me is taking a dramamine before going to bed the night before and then another an hour before boarding the boat.

Scopolamine patch placed behind your ear is an amazing non drowsy prevention for motion/seasickness. Requires a prescription from your doctor. Game changer for me in bumpy small airplanes and on the water.

I do a week trip there every summer. Just got back yesterday. Always come back with great pics, memories, and fish. The lingcod didn't bite well this year, but the cabezon did. The Kings were biting better than the coho, but bigger cohos this year. Overall great trip.
20220806_085605.jpg20220806_081747.jpg20220807_065546.jpg20220807_152715.jpg20220807_152835.jpg

Attachments

• 20220806_150104.jpg
    20220806_150104.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 19
Back