PEAX Equipment

Wash sitka Colothes

Same as any other clothing I wear. Non scented laundry soap if I remember. Certainly not once a season o_O

I wash them after every long trip. If you don't get the dirt, dried sweat, etc off the fabrics, the DWR and the Gore-tex that is used in my Sitka Gear, will eventually perform at a lower level. I (actually Mrs. Fin washes laundry more often than I do) wash them regularly and have no negative effects.

It depends, merino doesn't need washing that often, but when it does DO NOT USE FABRIC CONDITIONERS, as they ruin Merino, and many other fabrics.
Non waterproof clothing, rarely, (unless my wife complains/finds them!) there is a reason, when my Jetstream comes into contact with a red deer it stinks, then it dries off, it's a natural scent that hides my own scent, especially when it gets wet again.
Waterproof Goretex clothing, if it's not muddy I don't wash it, well perhaps once a year, with the correct washing detergent
DWR can be re-applied at any stage.
As above, no whiteners!
Cheers
Richard

I wash when needed, scent and grime lets me know. Synthetics get McNett or Nikwax Tech Wash, high end wool gets McNett Wool Wash. As DWR fades I re-treat with the spray on McNett DWR refresher and toss in the dryer. I'm pretty meticulous about caring for my technical gear and I feel it's worth the time and hassle in terms of performance. If something is REALLY nasty (like a bloody pack that sat in a warm car) I soak it in MiraZyme and have had good success.

I use Tech Wash as well for things like soft shells. I wear my Ascent Pants every week for about five months straight. They go in the wash every week.

Tech wash for anything with a DWR finish, otherwise toss it in with sent free detergent. I wash base layers after every trip, everything else as needed.

The absolute best way to get the stink out of synthetics is vinegar. Put a cup in the bleach compartment of your washer.

I wash them after every long trip. If you don't get the dirt, dried sweat, etc off the fabrics, the DWR and the Gore-tex that is used in my Sitka Gear, will eventually perform at a lower level. I (actually Mrs. Fin washes laundry more often than I do) wash them regularly and have no negative effects.

That's a x2 for me.

Does granger's performance wash have any UV inhibitors or is it UV free? Cant find that anyplace.

Just wash as needed, maybe after a good sweat or if they end up with blood on them. I just use baking soda or some of our unscented baby detergent.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rgreen
Back