Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Warden search authority?

Federal game wardens have been known to issue a citation to both dove and duck hunters when they are hunting within 10 miles of a baited field, even if the baited field is in an area unknown to the hunters. There have been instances where the Feds have baited fields just for the purpose of writing tickets to hunters who had no idea the areas were anywhere around.

I think you are mixing up "days" and "miles". Not suprised.:D

A hunting forum may not be your best bet when seeking advice on legal or health issues.

I'm not sure it is even legal to have a law stating you can't have a loaded gun in your vehicle...seems to go against the second ammendment. However, there are all kinds of laws that are illegal or against the old constitution when you think about it. Like others have suggested, I'm glad I live in Montana where your gun can be loading so that when you are attacked you can shoot the sucker and not have to pistol whip him to death.

Last edited:
A hunting forum may not be your best bet when seeking advice on legal or health issues.
For a bit of humor... :)

duty_calls.png

Last edited:
The Sept edition of Peterson's Hunting mag had an interesting article on this very subject. They quoted CA Supreme Court Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye on a recent ruling which upheld traffic stops and vehicle searches by game wardens. Here's the quote: "the need to protect wildlife for future generations outweighs the minor intrusion of a vehicle stop and someone who has chosen to engage in the heavily regulated activity of hunting or fishing has a diminished reasonable expectation of privacy". Go Figure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alaska2Montana
Back