Caribou Gear

Walleye Fishing

Damn that's a big one! Congrats!

Learning to use and trust your electronics would be my biggest tip. I rarely drop a line in unless I am marking fish. Have motored around for 2 hours or more before I've actually fished. If you're fishing a marginal walleye lake though, it'll be tough most of the time.

Great walleye! Congrats. I gotta a buddy that says bottom bouncers don’t catch big fish, I’ll be sure to share this thread with him!

nice 'eye!
Minnows on a jig just off of the bottom in 10-12 ft of water was the ticket in Manitoba.
Damn that's a big one! Congrats!

Learning to use and trust your electronics would be my biggest tip. I rarely drop a line in unless I am marking fish. Have motored around for 2 hours or more before I've actually fished. If you're fishing a marginal walleye lake though, it'll be tough most of the time.
I saw a boat that wasn’t moving at all. They must have been jigging. I don’t know if I am patient enough to do that…

When the water hits the 60’s jigging on mid lake humps and rock piles is good too. If legal a second line with a slip bobber is the ticket as well. As the summer goes on a bit bottom bouncers and crawler hanresses are great. Seems like the bigger fish are often more aggressive and with that you can cover water but maintain good line control to work edges and what not with crawler harnesses. August here is prime time for trolling cranks and snap jigging. Although I troll cranks almost every day to judge fish mood. I think crank baits produce bigger size fish on average then any other technique

Slow death and snapping plastics this time of year for me. Early fall, ripping spoons.
what I picture when I read this....

letterkenny_hockey1.jpg

(my guide last week was a hockey player)

It appears that you figured it out!
Some elk hunters will claim that success with no more than 1 like that Walleye, but I have shot dozens of elk and only 1 Walleye like this. I would claim to know elk hunting, but I’m a long way from figuring out Walleye…

lead core is great way to cover lots of water and land a ton of big fish

I don’t know if I am patient enough to do that…
About par with my past elk hunting... Always, go-go-go. Get to the next spot. Then, hunting with a seasoned gent, he figuratively smacked the backside of my head. Since then? My freezer has gained weight.
Not completely applicable though there is something to hunkering in while fishing (If I'm marking fish).

Must have been a good fight! Grats again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back