Wall Tent necessities and accessories

Any issues withy the Byer easycot sagging in the middle? Looking at this cot or one of the Camp Rite Roll a Cot. Coleman makes one similar to the Byer but several reviews of it ripping. Not sure what their warranty is.
While maybe not quite as stiff as the Davis, it did not sag to any amount that it is uncomfortable. During our house remodel, but wife slept on it nightly for 4 months and didn't complain...about the cot that is. ;)

We have made an 'H' shaped frame (actually double H - 2 uprights and 2 cross pieces) out of 1-1/2" PVC pipe (and 4 'T' fittings) that stands in the center of tent. The uprights help support ridge for snow load and creates priceless space for hanging/drying hunting clothes. Doesn't take up any room, and can double as volleyball net on those stormy, stay in the tent kind of days. The pieces get packed in with the frame and have been with us for several years.

We have made an 'H' shaped frame (actually double H - 2 uprights and 2 cross pieces) out of 1-1/2" PVC pipe (and 4 'T' fittings) that stands in the center of tent. The uprights help support ridge for snow load and creates priceless space for hanging/drying hunting clothes. Doesn't take up any room, and can double as volleyball net on those stormy, stay in the tent kind of days. The pieces get packed in with the frame and have been with us for several years.
Picture?

The newest thing I've added to my list is some cheap menards solar lights. I place them near the entrance by any guy line stakes for those nature trips outside during the night so you don't trip over them.

A good wood stove is a game changer in cold or wet conditions. But they are heavy and a handful if you plan to move camp at some point.

We use cheap battery powered LED from harbor freight as individual lights then a lantern suspended in the center for the main light. It’s nice to not have a generator to start so you can see. The LED has a hook built in that fits the tent frame almost perfect. It’s bright enough for just about everything but doesn’t bother the others if they are sleeping.

Some simple S hooks are really handy for hanging clothes/jackets/etc. My tent has loops around the perimeter they go in but could also attach to ridge or eave poles or tie to line. Some mild steel rod and a propane torch and you can make whatever size/shape you want.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back