PEAX Equipment

wall tent camping necessities list?

Great lists here.

Ive found a folding / aluminum roll-top table to be useful

Folding toilet seat & shovel and you're living like a king

'm going to call them to see if I can run the stove inside to speed the drying process.
Yep. No different than drying it on a hot summer day. The wet/dry will slightly shrink the canvas.

That's quite the bag of meds you have in the corner. Is this elk camp, Woodstock, or Burning Man? Lol

In all seriousness, I like to use multiple heavy rubber perforated commercial kitchen mats and place them outside the tent or porch area. They are insanely durable, Damn near 3/4" thick ..You can stomp the snow,mud,horseshit , etc off your boots or tent shoes without clogging or loading up before entering the porch.(pic attached)

Add a boot scrubber attached to a decent log and you've eliminated 90% of the filth. Even after both those steps I still keep a pair of "tent only" slip ons just inside the door.

I've never had good luck with propane in cold temps, are you wrapping the bottles or how do you keep them from freezing?View attachment 246861Yessir, little pharmacy goes w me. On the trip pictured I got flu and was able to keep hunting solo in early November. Small Propane bottles are more of a problem in the cold, the big tank w the heater works well. It can get horizontal for cooking if necessary. Trip pictured had camp @ 9K elevation, temps in teens the 1st 2 nights. Also I take boots off in front of or just inside the tent. I like your rubber mat strategy.

Here is my sleep system and on top of being crazy comfortable I cannot imagine how cold it would have to be for me to get chilly. I have l slept in the bag alone down to -15 in total comfort. Byer of Maine Easy Cot (oversized and literally 5 second set up), Browning/Alps McKinley -30 bag, Thermarest Mondoking 3D pad, and a Montana Canvas Outfitter canvas bed roll.

Attachments

• 20221012_162220.jpg
    20221012_162220.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 21
Here is my sleep system and on top of being crazy comfortable I cannot imagine how cold it would have to be for me to get chilly. I have l slept in the bag alone down to -15 in total comfort. Byer of Maine Easy Cot (oversized and literally 5 second set up), Browning/Alps McKinley -30 bag, Thermarest Mondoking 3D pad, and a Montana Canvas Outfitter canvas bed roll.
Nice tent, have you checked out their accessories and hanging storage?

Nice tent, have you checked out their accessories and hanging storage?
I have a gear bag.... it is a bomb proof, huge zipper duffel. We also have a set of rechargeable led hanging lights. Everything of Davis' I have handled is great and they are great to deal with.

Keep us updated on how you like it. I looked at those but bought a 13’ canvas bell tent instead for ease of one person set up. I still want a true wall tent someday.

My tent jack is not really holding up well to stove pipe thru it. I found this at Jegs which might be easy button fix to insulate the pipe from the tent jack. I ordered it and just fender washer screw it to pipe. Its good up to 750 direct heat and 2000 radiant heat. 18x20" so perfect for total pipe wrap. It completely insulated the pipe from the tent jack so no more nasty smell in tent. At least nasty odors from the stove. So this might be good insurance to protect the tent jack from some hot fires in stove.84C2EE97-8BB2-4266-A918-538A9C62DFDF.jpeg6A432C5B-9912-48B7-9368-3AFE97D50BAF.png510965EF-66F2-4639-94AF-AAE4010FF418.jpeg

I also like those Plano plastic shelving units that put together with plastic tubes. Tears down easy, great tent organizer, easy to clean, great for personal gear.

My tent jack is not really holding up well to stove pipe thru it. I found this at Jegs which might be easy button fix to insulate the pipe from the tent jack. I ordered it and just fender washer screw it to pipe. Its good up to 750 direct heat and 2000 radiant heat. 18x20" so perfect for total pipe wrap. It completely insulated the pipe from the tent jack so no more nasty smell in tent. At least nasty odors from the stove. So this might be good insurance to protect the tent jack from some hot fires in stove.View attachment 246982View attachment 246981View attachment 246980
That's worth trying out just to make the gap between the pipe and roof jack smaller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back