Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wall tent frame storage?

Paul in Idaho

I just finished putting away my wall tent for the year. It's a Montana Canvas with an internal frame, which has permanently attached angles as shown on http://www.montanacanvas.com/products/tent-frame-aluminum . For assembly and use, the frame is great. But, for transport and storage, the integrated angles create a bulky pile that is difficult to handle and carry. I bought the tent used, and the frame pieces came in a big bag made of truck tarp material.

Do any of you have the same frame, and have any tips to share on how to store it in a more manageable way? I'm thinking of building some sort of plywood crate so at least there's a flat surface to work with.

Thanks.
Paul

Hard side travel golf bag?

the-hardside-rolling-golf-bag-travel-cover-500x500.jpeg

I have the frame, it comes with a tan heavy duty vynl bag. It's long and ackward but seems to be the best way to go. I marked the center angles for quicker id in the field.

Plywood box might work, I'd think one sheet of ply would make a box about the right dimensions. Next question, can you move all the poles, angles and stakes in a single container by yourself?

Thanks for replying, everyone.

The longest sections are 5'1"

I have never seen a hard-sided golf case before. I'll have to look into the measurements, looks like a good option if long enough.

I marked the ridge sections too - that's a big help.

Yes, I can move the entire package by myself, but it's awkward.

I duc-tape (near both ends) the poles together and then put the connections in a large heavy duty plastic tool box. Once the poles have been taped together they can be placed on end and leaned against the wall or in a corner.

I have marked all my sections for ease of putting it together in the field.

Holy Snot Rockets!!!! $684 for a 12x14 internal frame? I've made these from 3/4" - 1" EMT pipe with the junction fittings separate.

Though to your question:
Use the tarp bag to house your frame and hang it from the ceiling?

Last edited:
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back