Wait...That Ain't Right

I've been fortunate enough to actually see a lynx by our cabin in colorado. Which is pretty amazing considering there are only a handful of lynx in the northern part of colorado. I've also got to see a black footed ferret which was also really cool.

Was out bowhunting elk one fall and the elk hunting was a bit slow. I was making my way back towards camp and happened to glass a couple legs sticking out from under a tree. Upon closer inspection it was a 28-29” mile deer that would go 170-180. He had already smelled me but stayed bedded. I took note of his location circled around to put a sneak on him. Got to a hundred yards above him. I dropped my pack and started sneaking ten yards from where I dropped my pack I look to the north and there’s a 330 bull grazing. Not thinking in grabbed my cow call and the bull bugled and was on his way got him to 40 yards never got a shot off. Thinking surely the deer was gone by now. I continued down the same ridge as I tiptoed I caught a glimpse of his antler at 19 yards and needed to reposition for a shot. During my repositioning the deer musta heard me cause I never seen or heard him get up and book it. Just kinda crazy it was a slow morning and two opportunities happen within 100 yards of each other on the same ridge...

Couple naked chicks (early 30’s) taking a mud bath in the corner of our pond on a state wildlife refuge. Supposedly the decaying plant and animal matter combined with the salt of the sea is great for the skin.

Couple naked chicks (early 30’s) taking a mud bath in the corner of our pond on a state wildlife refuge. Supposedly the decaying plant and animal matter combined with the salt of the sea is great for the skin.
That's why your skins so soft...you joined them! 🤣

Last night at Ravinia (an outdoor concert venue in an upscale north suburb of Chicago) we saw a juvenile coyote running around in the parking lot. I've seen a lot of coyotes in the suburbs, but I never thought I would see one running around in a parking lot.

I have always heard stories of things showing up where they aren't supposed to be, and I have had an encounter or two myself, so I am curious as to what you guys have encountered that just didn't seem right. An example...my dad had a goat tag in the Crazy's in the early 2000s and there was a Grizzly running around the area with multiple sightings. Another, I was on an afternoon hunt in the Bull Mountains north of Billings a couple years ago and thought I saw a cow...the cow turned out to be a really nice black bear that I muffed the stalk on. Just wanting to hear some surprising stories!
Heard that a local guy with lots of hunting experience saw something similar in Colorado on private. He shot a bear at a good distance and it was a black calf when he got over there. He paid the rancher.

17 or 18 years ago, i was siding a neighbor's house when my boss at the time comes flying in the drive way. He yells out the truck window for me to get in, there's a big white buck out in a field up the road. When we get there it's by the road and it's a fallow deer. From what i heard it escaped from a preserve about 80 miles away, not sure whatever happened to it

I hunt that same area, I remember when it was being spotted but I was never lucky enough to see it. That is an awesome picture!
Couple guys i know found him dead during rifle season about 12 miles south of stanley in the Clark county forest

Last night at Ravinia (an outdoor concert venue in an upscale north suburb of Chicago) we saw a juvenile coyote running around in the parking lot. I've seen a lot of coyotes in the suburbs, but I never thought I would see one running around in a parking lot.
I’ve actually seen quite a few of them in the city during my early commute to work. I’ve also seen a dead 8pt buck on the side of Lake Shore Drive just south of Soldier Field. Come to think of it I saw a beaver cruising the Chicago River under Lake Street bridge also.

My father and I were driving through the Big Hole in Montana headed to Columbus to hunt deer and antelope. We had a wolverine run across the highway in front of us. Only time I've been lucky enough to see one. I think it was about 1980 or so we were driving heading west out of Helena Montana heading back home to the Bitterroot when we saw what we both were pretty darn certain was a very large wolf out hunting one evening. That was long before they were supposed to be in the area.

At work one day we came upon a big old cedar tree with a hollow trunk like a lot of old cedars tend to have. This one had a crack from the ground up abut 5 ft. Maybe a foot wide at the bottom tapering down to nothing. About 3 ft. off the ground we saw what appeared to be a dogs snout sticking out of the crack. So we went over for a closer look when all of a sudden a black head squeezed threw the crack followed by a fat black body oozing out like some kind of creepy contortionist. For reasons know only to him that bear had forced himself into that tree and it was truly amazing to watch him extricate himself.

For you guys who don't know Texas this may not seem weird, but I once found a random beaver wandering a draw about 15 miles from Midland. (It's kind of dry there...)

I hit a porcupine heading north on the 349 just outside of Midland. I thought I was seeing things till I pulled over and there was quills in my tire.

3 yrs ago after snowmageddon in idaho we were camping mothers day weekend in the mountains in southeast idaho unit 72 and saw 2 buck antelope way the hell off route! One was a really good one!! Saw them the next day to about 3 miles from the first sighting.

Dad was Deer hunting the Kiabab and spotted a Bear up in a tree.We always
carry a Bear tag when Deer hunting.Dad decides he wants this Bear...So he shoots it.
Then shoots it again and again.Has to re-load.Eventually the Bear starts to fall from the
tree.When it hits it is the biggest Porcupine ever known to man!"Can you skin a Porcupine Pilgrim?"Ha!,Ha! :cool:

Deer hunting IA woods in December, had a lone snow goose sail down through the trees and land in leaf litter about 50 yards ahead of me. I'm guessing maybe it was injured and couldn't fly all the way south? Still a very odd place to land.

Another time cutting a canoe path through a cattail slough to access a MN lake. Turned up a paddleful of thick muck and there was a live fingerling pike. It was about 150 yards inland from the open water.

Leaving the firing line on the west side of Quivira Wildlife Refuge (central Kansas) after a morning of pass shooting geese, I approached the intersection of two rural county roads to see the hugest deer I had ever seen......except it wasn't a deer, but a big cow elk. This spot is 120 miles as the crow flies from Ft Riley, which has a decent enough population of elk on the base that there is limited hunting of elk.

I hit a porcupine heading north on the 349 just outside of Midland. I thought I was seeing things till I pulled over and there was quills in my tire.

We actually had quite a few porcupine on both the ranches we had out there. Being a dog guy I learned to hate them. You have no idea how strong a 35 lb dog can be until you have 15-20 quills to pull out.

Back