WA public land desecration. And it ain't no hunters doing it.

I think the people know what they are doing, but they don't care. Judging by the beer cans and bottles, they were hungover when they packed up and said, "Eff it, not my problem." They assumed people are employed to pick up trash, kind of like their favorite city park.

Can't explain the bowel-related issue.

Neffa, you suggested the solution I learned 40, maybe 50 years ago in booming CO: Go where the lemmings aren't. The value of these "sacrifice zones" is that all those asshats are not screwing up less accessible places. That's the good news. The bad news is that trend expands and accelerates, the sacrifice zones increase and consume the better places. So we can't just write off the sacrifice zones, nor the asshats. We wind up having to train them.

Well these people came from SF and LA...
Walk the streets there and you'll see where they learned the behavior.

Once these noobs step in couple cornback rattlers first thing in the morning they'll start to figure it out. To quote the author: "They’ll be older and wiser by then, and they’ll be leading.”

😲

“We feel most people really want to do the right thing when connecting with nature,” Watts said. “It’s just a lot of time they don’t know what that means, or what that looks like. "
Lack of parenting - Snowflake era rearing it's ugly head...

That pic does support a trend I've noticed, mass production beer drinkers are more likely to be litterers than IPA snobs or trendy super cheap beer drinkers (i.e. PBR)... It's not an absolute just an observation. I would 100% support trail cam use to prosecute litterers in these places which are used every weekend, every year. Locate the most common areas for offenses, put a multiple cams up, including one to capture license plate # then send the photo and the ticket in the mail just like a traffic violation.

It is a pretty sad situation for sure. What i can do is pack this crap out whenever i can, and i do it. Insignificant maybe, but i feel better.

Not just a problem in the west, our public land parking lots have basically become dumping grounds for garbage, used appliances, old furniture, tires, etc. Taking a dump in the middle of a county forest boat launch also seems to be highly popular

sad isn't it.
when one sees this type behavior , shame them on it .most (not all) know they are doing wrong and will concede it when confronted and pick it up. they probably won't like it , but most will do it. some few may even remember being shamed the next time they go out .

most are a lost cause , but it really is something all who care can do.

this is simply one reason I doubt the sincerity of the global warming crowd. want to make me believe, you really care about the future of the planet??? this one issue where they could start.

Same for me ... but to positively impact the Hyalite area south of Bozeman requires large dump trucks and front end loaders.

Same for Az. I volunteer every year and the county sends Full size trash bins and
frontloaders.They are kind enough to serve lunch and hand out tee shirts every year. 😎

I get a little hot under the collar when I find a wayward party balloon. Guess I need to chill out a bit or if I find a trash heap like that I am going to end up in the emergency room.

Find all sorts of garbage including Mylar balloons,which are outlawed to let go in Az.
Too many powerline mishaps.Constantly cleaning our property and adjacent ones! 😎

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back