Antifa, Anarchists and the public lands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

44hunter45

Really sad and infuriating day for me. I took my granddaughter,Miss T, to one of Washington Stares most beautiful parks today. Palouse Falls.

It’s once beautiful basalt cliffs and geologic wonders are now covered with Antifa sloganry and Anarchy A tags.

I’d post a photo but it’s hard miss all the “F Trump” tags.

Desecrating the natural world and public lands is more egregious to me than pulling down statues.

It’s obvious to me that their conservation ethic is slightly below that of North Korea. Any society dominated by this thought would have no room or care for the natural world.

There is no way to justify it. Not intrinsic bias, not CRT, nothing. All these things attempt to address human wrongdoing The Earth has never committed social wrongs. Why would you deliberately hurt it?

They are scum of the earth. Not suprised
Not going that far. I can only comment on what was done. Not their character. I have the same observations about GOP Senators from Utah and a political party whose Platform includes a plank calling for the divestiture of the Public Lands.

I would not have been surprised if I had seen a “Q” painted there either.

Just really disgusted.

Really sad and infuriating day for me. I took my granddaughter,Miss T, to one of Washington Stares most beautiful parks today. Palouse Falls.

It’s once beautiful basalt cliffs and geologic wonders are now covered with Antifa sloganry and Anarchy A tags.

I’d post a photo but it’s hard miss all the “F Trump” tags.

Desecrating the natural world and public lands is more egregious to me than pulling down statues.

It’s obvious to me that their conservation ethic is slightly below that of North Korea. Any society dominated by this thought would have no room or care for the natural world.

There is no way to justify it. Not intrinsic bias, not CRT, nothing. All these things attempt to address human wrongdoing The Earth has never committed social wrongs. Why would you deliberately hurt it?

I’d love to see pictures. What if it’s a conspiracy? 😆 It’s bullshit that some assholes did it, but let’s be careful of absolutes and getting sucked into winning. Remember, we aren’t the labels people give us, and people aren’t the labels we give them. Whoever did it should be caught and punished. Why? Because it’s a crime against a gorgeous piece of land.

What was done shows their character clear as day. At some point you have to stop wanting to think people may be good despite all evidence, and call a shitheel a shitheel.
Are the people that painted on these public treasures shitheels? What is a shitheel anyway? Is it shit you step in specifically with your heel? Is it a heel of a hunting boot that goes shitty quicker than the manufacturer tells you it will when your on a scree slope in a blizzard? Hmmmm... 🤔 I wonder if he was going another way. Maybe he was pushing us to label the behavior? These people are criminals. They broke a law, and that is clear. Shitheels? I’m still not sure.

I’d love to see pictures. What if it’s a conspiracy? 😆 It’s bullshit that some assholes did it, but let’s be careful of absolutes and getting sucked into winning. Remember, we aren’t the labels people give us, and people aren’t the labels we give them. Whoever did it should be caught and punished. Why? Because it’s a crime against a gorgeous piece of land.
I don't know what "Sucked into winning" means. Was there something absolutist in what I said?

Seeking the culprits is likely a wasted effort. But how about cleaning the basalt cliffs? Is that feasible?
Not sure if it would work there, but I cleaned some graffiti off of some granite with a cordless grinder and soft wire wheel. Somebody painted crap on the way up a mountain I spend a lot of time on. mtmuley

Not sure if it would work there, but I cleaned some graffiti off of some granite with a cordless grinder and soft wire wheel. Somebody painted crap on the way up a mountain I spend a lot of time on. mtmuley

I put graffiti and litter in the same bucked. I find litter everywhere, it seems no user group is exempt.

Per @mtmuley all you can do is try to leave the woods better than you find it.

I don't know what "Sucked into winning" means. Was there something absolutist in what I said?
I screwed up. I’ve looked back through. I was trying to respond more to others that were clearly trying to make it political, and wholistic, rather than calling an asshole an asshole. You targeted the specific problem. Humans too often become tribal and pick sides. My apologies sir.

Best thing to do is get as many folks, kids included, to go out there as volunteers with your local service officials to clean it up an get the local news to put it on tv. These losers want attention so give them it. I believe the vast majority of citizens want a nice looking country to call home. So the more people see the destructiveness of these groups the more they will understand we need to just keep doing whats right an lead by example. I think graffiti is different than littering. The "artist" is trying to pudh thier point to the public. So maybe we the people should try to steer the media as our own platform to making good news happen an hopefully it spreads. Teach kids morals an respecting one another as they would want to be... Kids need to know they have a voice but they are part of a bigger cause an see other adults give a crap too. Isn't crazy public service is considered a punishment. Time is precious but when you get out an help you feel great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back