Antifa, Anarchists and the public lands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I screwed up. I’ve looked back through. I was trying to respond more to others that were clearly trying to make it political, and wholistic, rather than calling an asshole an asshole. You targeted the specific problem. Humans too often become tribal and pick sides. My apologies sir.
Thanks-

I felt I was being objective. At least making some effort.

As far as the thread goes, the bullet is out of the barrel at this point. I need to remember that triggers can cascade. But a trigger, once removed from the first person, is custom made for the reader's own use.

As far as labels, as a Hobbesian Calvinist, I believe that all humans are, or have been, jerks, regardless of politics. For me to be qualified to judge, I would have to have never done anything which is totally Fupped. A hurdle which I cannot jump.

I think most of us think this way, despite all the whataboutisms from the extremes on either side.

I agree given individuals are speaking to each other in person. Online communication is a lot like driving. We have a tendency to say things to and about others that we wouldn't necessary say face to face. The abstraction of interaction enables that: In a car, the vehicle is the abstraction mechanism. Online, your computer takes that role.

I agree given individuals are speaking to each other in person. Online communication is a lot like driving. We have a tendency to say things to and about others that we wouldn't necessary say face to face. The abstraction of interaction enables that: In a car, the vehicle is the abstraction mechanism. Online, your computer takes that role.
So incredibly accurate.

You will be in the grocery store, some old lady will realize she's out of checks, the guy behind her will pay for her groceries and then you will help her carry everything to her car.

Not 2 mins later the old lady will cut you off on the highway and the dude who paid for the groceries will tail gate the crap out of you and both will flip you the bird.

So incredibly accurate.

You will be in the grocery store, some old lady will realize she's out of checks, the guy behind her will pay for her groceries and then you will help her carry everything to her car.

Not 2 mins later the old lady will cut you off on the highway and the dude who paid for the groceries will tail gate the crap out of you and both will flip you the bird.

In cities I've even observed a mobility component! Motor vehicles get annoyed at cyclists, who get annoyed at pedestrians -- all for the same reason: The former is more mobile than the latter. But it also goes both ways! With increased mobility comes potential for increased degree of injury. Thus the less mobile individual tends to be mad at the more mobile because of that perceived threat.

How far was it from the parking area/overlook? None of the people that have checked in to Palouse Falls lately on Facebook have mentioned graffiti.

So incredibly accurate.

Isn't that crazy to think about? I'm always afraid I'm going to end up honking at my mother-in-law...

Thanks-

I felt I was being objective. At least making some effort.

As far as the thread goes, the bullet is out of the barrel at this point. I need to remember that triggers can cascade. But a trigger, once removed from the first person, is custom made for the reader's own use.

As far as labels, as a Hobbesian Calvinist, I believe that all humans are, or have been, jerks, regardless of politics. For me to be qualified to judge, I would have to have never done anything which is totally Fupped. A hurdle which I cannot jump.
Well said. Love Calvin and Hobbes. I was Calvin... The character development is actually pretty impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back