WA Non-Resident Rules

MNHunter

Anyone able to point me to the regulations concerning non-residents. I can't seem to find it on their site or the regs. What % of special tags (sheep/moose/mt goat) can they draw? What are the implications of a NR applying for a unit with only 1 tag?

Thanks

WA does not limit non-residents. That is the good news. You can build points and they square the points, I think. Bad news is NR pays more to apply.

Yep, the only difference between non-residents and residents in the draw for special permits is the price. Non-residents are charged 10 times what the residents pay, for everything. The application for sheep, moose, and mountain goat costs $5.50 for a resident and $55 for a non-resident. Odds are terrible. For example, there are 16 mountain goat permits available, and in 2007, 9,719 people applied. Which means, on average it takes 607 years to draw a mountain goat permit in Washington. |oo

Thanks guys. I've applied for sheep for 6 years I think but I guess I never took the time to actually read the WA regs. I know most other states through and through but not WA. Heck I don't even know the good units to put in for! I know the odds suck but i can't win if I don't play.

Thanks again

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back