Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Vice-President Shoots Up Texas.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
no upland bird license,,,,peppering another hunter,,,hell every hunting there is a lot worse fish and game violations then this and we all survive

Peppered?

Hey stab, let me "pepper" you at 30 yards with 8 shot in the face, neck, and chest...bet you'd think it was a bit more than "no big deal".

Let me see .... is this just another hunter ????

No ... this person actually could be the most powerful man on earth in a heatbeat !!!!

Where were the body gaurds in all this ??? If Cheney could shoot someone else he could have been the one shot ???? What bothers me a little about him is he always has a bunch of special medical people traveling with .... and he is the guy second in comand ?????

buzz I know you are reading challenged so please show me where I typed "no big deal"

Stab, your tone surely implied no big deal...

we all survive...so you shouldnt even think twice about a bunch of 8's in the face at 30 yards.

Hell, lets not bother teaching kids hunters safety anymore. Being sure of YOUR TARGET AND BEYOND is way, way, over-rated anyway. About as dumb as always treating every firearm as if it were loaded...and who needs to worry about keeping the muzzle of your firearm pointed in a safe direction.

We'll all survive without these pesky firearms rules.

Where did it say the shooting or being "peppered" was no big deal? It said the procedure for removing the pellets was "fairly common".

Yes, stab, this is a huge black eye for gun owners and hunters alike. If you don't really see that then maybe its time to start walking upright.

As far as the stamp--Yes, the ultimate responsibility is his but I don't think Cheney hunts much and he's been in parlor-tricks so long he probably figured he was good to go when his handlers didn't remind him to get one

At least he shot a lawyer and not an actual person;)

Buzz you are missing the point. You guys act like a quail in Texas, and some #8`s will be the demise of hunting. First this happened in Texas, land of game farms and high fences, talk about bad appearence for hunters. Second he was on private property and given Texas `s love for game farms he MAY have not even needed a license. Remember Noel Feather, and Kirt Darner. Google if you have to. The poaching folks from Seeley, can`t remember their names, but they poached a hell of a lot more then a quail. If Cheney gets shot and dies as the 2nd most powerful man in the world, does the USA fold,,,I don`t think so. Hunting as we now know it won`t end. The anti`s wont take over,Cheney will look like the dumb ass he is end of story.

The point being Buzz is keep it in perspective,,,hunting will survive and this whole thing will blow over we as hunters can only hope this is the worse thing that will happen to our sport. remember game farms, CWD, sub divisions,
and urban sprawl, the list goes on and on,,,,so you see Buzz there are a lot worse things threatening hunting then a quail and some #8

I admit it stab...

I'm a stickler for being safe with firearms and obeying game laws.

You know, the cornerstones of ETHICAL, SAFE and LEGAL HUNTING...

I wouldnt expect a politician to worry about those pesky laws that the rest of us live by.

We should all follow Cheneys ethics...to hell with licenses, bag-limits and being safe. If the VP can do it, why cant I?

There you go Buzz, you are the best!
I like your thinking ,,,,,,Clinton and sex with his Intern, to hell with marriage and wedding vows if the President can do it why can`t I??

stab, are you for real?
He's the Vice President of the United States!! This one's global.

This will be lampooned everywhere for a long time coming. The best we can hope for is the focus is on politicians doing dumb things and not on "the inherant danger of guns"

Stab,

You're confused...the unethical behavior you're describing is what you and the politicians think is no big deal. Its not my thinking...its yours and theirs. Sorry if sarcasm is wasted on you...I should have known by your response to this issue what I was dealing with and my comments would be way more than someone like you could comprehend. I apologize for that.

The best? I dont know about that, but what I do know is: I dont break game laws, always have a hunting license, and I've yet to shoot one of my hunting buddies.

Go ahead, give your boy Cheney a pass, just dont expect me to condone his unethical, illegal and unsafe behavior.

No excuse for that crap...no matter how much spin you and Scott McClellan can put on it.

Hunting incidents happen all the time , Just hope it doesn't happen to you , even more so if you are in the public eye. I did find it funny though lmfao, but the old fella is doing good I hear so thats great ,I myself would not like to get peppered even with a light load. But you have to admit it was kinda humorous, vice pres shoots hunting partner, hehe still makes me giggle a bit. You think a government like the U.S. could have covered that up easy as moms apple pie .

Well, I didn't want to admit it, but since you did, I find it a little humorous also. What would have been even funnier is if Cheney had shot George W. Bush. :D The fact that this incident is making all hunters look bad, however, is not funny. But what's done is done. |oo
It really would have been sad if the victim had been seriously hurt. I think he's actually very lucky that he didn't at least have an eye shot out.
I also find it odd that it wasn't covered up. I guess doing that would have required not taking him to the hospital.

Nothing funnier than a hunting accident...

WTF is wrong with people?

I bet car wrecks, heart attacks, and genocide are real side splitters...

Apology accepted Buzz, please don`t let it happen again, be very careful someone does not steal that golden halo floating above your head. My boy Cheney? I don`t think so, please re read my post and take note where I called him a dumb ass, 6 months from now I will bring this thread back to the top and we will see what the fall out is.
Mountain out of a mole hill

Buzz you think
wrecks, heart attacks, and genocide are real side splitters...= peppered with #8 shot removed with tweezers, and a lawyer to boot

No one died Buzz

You're right stab, nobody died...but not from a lack of effort from Cheney.

You think a couple days in the hospital in ICU and all they did was pull some shot out with tweezers?

I dont think so.

I agree with Delw`s post.... and then i hear Rush Limburger flapping his lips today that this type of accident happens all of the time! and its quite common! W.T.F. its very rare that someone gets injured from a so- called shooting accident, Pisses me off to hear an idiot who never hunts telling 12 million listeners that this is common!

Cheny just has to take it like a man and say I FUGGED UP! My fault 100%.. thats what he should do.

BuzzH said:
Nothing funnier than a hunting accident...

WTF is wrong with people?

I bet car wrecks, heart attacks, and genocide are real side splitters...

The humor is in the fact that it was the vice president of the United States. Not only that, but the victim is a lawyer. :D Don't tell me you don't see the humor in that? Might help your blood pressure to not always take everything so seriously. After all nothing can change what has already happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boxcutter223
Back