Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Very sad.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20812

http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/Bodies-found-in-Bozeman-identified-as-FWP-employees/38481050

Bodies found in Bozeman identified as FWP employees

GALLATIN COUNTY

judith By Judith Retana, KTVM Reporter, [email protected]

POSTED: 12:24 PM Mar 12 2016 UPDATED: 9:11 PM Mar 12 2016

Bodies found in Bozeman identified as FWP employees

BOZEMAN, Mont. -

Police are now identifiying the bodies found in a Bozeman home on Friday evening as Fish, Wildlife and Parks employees Joe Knarr, Jen Knarr and their six month old Daniel Knarr. From their evidence, the Gallatin County Sheriff's Department determined they died in a murder-suicide.

Police responded to their home on Golden Trout Way at around 5 p.m. on Friday after a 911 hangup call. Dispatch was able to determine that the phone number belonged to FWP Game Warden Seargant Joe Knarr.

Upon arriving at their residence, police were able to see a body through a window and decided to break down the front door. They entered the residence and found Joe and Jen Knarr dead in the dining room. After a sweep of the home, police discovered their six month old, who after being taken to an ambulance, was also found to be deceased.

In a press conference, a very emotional Sheriff Brian Gootkin said it appears Jen Knarr shot her husband in the back of the head, then shot her son, dialed 911 before proceeding to shoot herself. Deputies recovered the weapon which they say was an FWP issued .40 caliber pistol.

Joe Knarr worked as an FWP Game Warden Seargent for 21 years while Jen Knarr worked as an FWP Warden for eight years.

Family members have been contacted and Gootkin said their reactions were horrible. He added, "It was emotional and tough but every single person that I talked to was strong and every one of them understood what happened." When speaking to family members, Gootkin said every person explained that Jen Knarr was experiencing severe post-partum depression. His office will work to find out what doctors she was seeing to help find an explanation for her actions. "I think everyone in the community is going to ask why. We don’t know why. We may never know."

FWP Regional Supervisor Sam Shepard spoke and said, "We are all in shock and our hearts are broken." Many members of FWP were present at the press conference.

All three bodies have been taken the state medical examiner's office in Missoula. FWP will allow the Sheriff's department access to computers and cell phones to use as forensic evidence.

Copyright 2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Sad, one of those " what in heck could have happened " type deals. awful ... prayers to those close to the family....

Both were long time co workers and more importantly - my friends. Some things are beyond human comprehension, this being one of them. To those of you on this HuntTalk community who continue to strive to make Montana a better place for those of us Joe and Jen worked hard for - keep up your worthy efforts. Those efforts are, at least in my cloudy mind right now, a fitting tribute.............................

Awful news. This country has to do a better job dealing with mental illness. Such a waste. Condolences to all who knew and loved this family.

Such a shame.....

I agree we need to do a better job with this mental Illness. Problem is sometimes nobody knows about the illness until its too late but reading some of the articles they are saying this was known.

Sad....

Last edited:
No words can soothe the pain to all those close to them. Very sorry for all who knew them.

So sorry for the families and friends of these folks and the the game warden, LE community. Incredibly sad and hard to understand situation. Prayers to all affected.

We can't do enough to support our neighbors when they need our help, especially when it comes to mental health issues. It doesn't get any more sad than this.

Definitely agree this county needs to do more with the mental health system. Very sad situation, for sure. So sorry to all who knew the family.

Very sorry to hear... Condolences to family and friends..

Knew both of them as well. Jen responded to an illegal elk killed I reported. Took her to the kill site and helped with the carcass. Seem like a nice lady. Known Joe for several years. Mental illness is so very difficult to understand. Scary stuff!!

Back