Very nice Nv muley + bonus find

nvhunter2

This is the deer i got this year in Nv. 34" wide 6x6 with a 7" drop tine. Debated about shooting him till i saw the sun shine off that drop tine, then the hunt was on!
Found the 2 locked bucks dead, one is a 7x4 younger deer, he died first, the other a old 4x3 with lots lots of mass! Hunted a total of 2 hours before killing the drop tine buck. Found the locked bucks the day before. This was by far my best weekend ever!
Going to get all of them mounted, the locked bucks will probably end up being some sort of corner mount where one is on one wall and the other on the opposite with them still being locked together.....im really looking for anyones ideas on what to do with them so feel free to chime in with opinions please!

Attachments

• montello3[1].jpg
    montello3[1].jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 849
  • montello7[1].jpg
    montello7[1].jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 860
  • montello6[1].jpg
    montello6[1].jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 882
Very cool NV. I got the pics on my email, but they claim to have some issue where my virus software will not let me download them. Having just restored my entire desktop due to a virus, I have not fully downloaded.

Cool stuff. Congrats on a great buck. You do need to find someone to taxi the two that died together.

Thanks Randy, they were all in that area you hunted a couple years ago and that Pat had last year.

Congratulations! You must be a lot pickier than me, even without seeing that drop tine I'd have been all over the trigger.:D Those 2 locked up bucks are quite the bonus find. Are you going to shoulder mount or euro mount the locked up bucks? The corner mount would look good, a pedestal mount would be another option.

yes a shoulder mount.....my taxi bill will be outragous this year! I think they will be kind of like a pedestal mount with some sort of wall hanging base with the whole vegetation thing goin on. I just don't think a euro will do them justice.
i was only picky because i could see the one side back forks was really weak, but once i saw the kickers and the drop then all that didn't really matter anymore.
He is 34" to the front beams, not to the cheaters, the cheaters are 33"

Nice buck and hope you share some pics after the locked bucks are mounted.

Thats the makings of a great weekend! Locked bucks are always a cool find!

Congrats on your Buck & the find. I wound make a coner mount for the 2 locked horn bucks & have them mount to the 2 walls facing eachother. I always wanted a mouth like like that of 2 nice bucks facing off, but that would be even better since that is the way you found them. Whatever you you do, make sure & post pic's when you get them back next year.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WMNhunter09
Back