Very Impressive Bull....

Horn Seeker

Sportsmans Warehouse here in Missoula had a elk display the other day set up. In it, was a bull that blew me away. I'm not sure what I'd do if offered the opportunity at this bull or another equal scoring bull with longer points.

This bull was the California state record typ. 6X6.....the kicker is that his 1st and 2nds were in the 10-12 inch range....you haven'te seen many 387 net bulls with eyeguards that shor.....then, his 3rds were miniscule. My 200 inch 5 point bulls have equal or longer 3rds. They appeared to be about 6 inches long, but I'll bet the measured closer to 8 going along the back curve.

Where did all his inches come from??? Main beam, MASS and 4ths and 5ths. (That was sort of a redundant question, since that was all that was left! :0))

Anyhow, his 4ths and 5ths were most impressive, I'll bet his 5ths were in the 23" range, his mains were like 63 inches, I think they said they were the 12th longest in the book, and his mass was the 3rd biggest in the book.

Amazing bull. With him standing next to an "average" 387 bull, it would be a tough job to decide on which to take.

I'll try and find a pic.

ERnie

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back