Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Vasectomy vs Sheep Tag

I used to work with EMT guy. Young and macho and fresh out of Coast Guard. He got snipped his last year in the service. He jogged most Saturday mornings so when he got snipped on Friday the instructions were to not jog/run/jump for a week.

Well, his weekly jogging buddy drops in as usual and at less than 20 hours post-op the guy gives into buddy calling him a wimp so he goes jogging. About 15 minutes into the jogging he feels an odd sensation. Was hemorrhaging into his scrotum. Nowhere near where they parked so he waddled back to the vehicle. Scrotum was orange sized. Grapefruit size when got to ER. ER doc said relax, you are an idiot but the scrotum can hold a gallon of fluid! Yikes.
giphy.gif

I am getting snipped today. Now I feel like I know what our bull calves feel like when they become a steer. On a better note, after reading this thread I’m just going to block off August for my Alaska sheep tag I’m going to draw now. Thanks everyone!

I got fixed a couple years ago.

As I have written on here before, 74% of vasectomies end in death. Godspeed.

In my experience happy marriages are sexually active marriages. The absence of sex tends to lend to spouses drifting apart.
Well, you deserve a medal for owning that "experience." There are drugs that can help. Some great instructional videos can be had too ... if you have the courage to be seen in public shopping for them.

I am getting snipped today. Now I feel like I know what our bull calves feel like when they become a steer. On a better note, after reading this thread I’m just going to block off August for my Alaska sheep tag I’m going to draw now. Thanks everyone!
Best of luck. Take it easy for a couple days even if you feel good, trust me.

You’ll be fine. Ice pack for a couple days, watch some movies, eat some ice cream. Just make sure you protect yourself from your kids (if you have young kids). After I had mine done last year it was as if my two year old son knew I was finally vulnerable to his attacks, and tried several times to pile drive me in the junk while I laid on the couch.

It is kind of awkward having a conversation with a guy who is operating on your nether regions. At least the conversation started out with the boundary waters and progressed to moose hunting in AK.
I tried to keep my mouth shut so the doctor could concentrate on things at hand ... both of them ... things. Afterall he was whittling down there with a knife. Blade could have been sharper I think.

Last edited:
I'll just say I had some trouble with mine, but it was because of scarring left behind from an old baseball injury. Yep, they make cups for a reason. Anyway, had a ruptured testicle when I was 17 y/o. The doc had to dig around and cut some stuff away to get to the tube on my right nut. It was ugly and took me a while to get over.

But I'm sure you'll be fine... 😬

I'll just say I had some trouble with mine, but it was because of scarring left behind from an old baseball injury. Yep, they make cups for a reason. Anyway, had a ruptured testicle when I was 17 y/o. The doc had to dig around and cut some stuff away to get to the tube on my right nut. It was ugly and took me a while to get over.

Too much information. Stewardess, I need another barf bag! :sick:

It seemed like he was rooting around in there for a long time.

OK all these stories about failed vasectomies and I didn’t even know that was a thing. What’s a more sure fire approach? Vasectomy AND tubes tied? I have no ambition to sheep hunt but I do want to hunt moose some day and do NOT want an unanticipated 4th kid scuttling those plans.

OK all these stories about failed vasectomies and I didn’t even know that was a thing. What’s a more sure fire approach? Vasectomy AND tubes tied? I have no ambition to sheep hunt but I do want to hunt moose some day and do NOT want an unanticipated 4th kid scuttling those plans.
Dr made it very clear to get checked in a few months and to use some sort of protection in the meantime. Also Apparently there is still swimmers in the end of the vas deferens that they cut free and it can take 15 plus times to clear those viable little swimmers.

It is kind of awkward having a conversation with a guy who is operating on your nether regions. At least the conversation started out with the boundary waters and progressed to moose hunting in AK.
So true! But he was so cheerful and talkative..

I have an online course certified through Trump University on how to use it. Complete with demonstration video on a real mannequin and all!
Cheaper to give a redneck a beer can with a firecracker in it and tell him to count to ten.

Back