Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

VA public land buck

50bowhunter

Not sure what I’ve done to deserve it but for the 3rd straight year I’ve knocked down a good Virginia National Forest buck. Hiked all the way to the top of the mountain yesterday morning (5.6 miles round trip). Wasn’t really seeing the sign I was hoping for. Around 11:30 a beautiful blonde/red coyote came cruising up the ridge. I took him out and decided to drop back down and hunt close to my favorite spot. Just before dark this big guy came strolling through. The Appalachian mountains are the closest thing us eastern guys have to real adventure hunting, and I sure love it. 090CB728-07EC-4FDE-AE77-9A30D3FAF480.jpegB6FD42F9-569C-4616-B74E-7A1D92807AD6.jpeg1A952B2F-BDD6-4140-9324-1DC4DFEF9011.jpeg

Before I even opened it up I thought dang, three years in a row! Congratulations, one a fine buck for any neck of the woods. I especially like his dark horns.

That is a fine mountain whitetail. I will be on the opposite side and south of those mountains in a few weeks. Congrats.

You’re right up the road. Beautiful buck. Love those long 2’s and dark color. Congrats! Way to get him before it turns cold. Gonna be a tough next week for morning stand hunters.
Congratulations again!

West central, Between Harrisonburg and Staunton.

I gotcha, i've hunted a lot on national forest in Grayson & Smyth County, country looks very similar. I haven't pulled a buck out of there yet but there are a few big ones running around.

I only made it out once to bow hunt this year, but I'm off all next week for our first week of muzzleloader in NC, its going to be a cold one, our weather is showing most mornings in the teens and daytime highs in the 30's!

Back