Utah

A-con

Saddle up cowboy, it's time to apply for Utah.
Forget about that Henry buck tag, with 9 points, it's MINE.

:) I will make sure to let everybody know when I draw it with 4. Pretty sure I will be SJ elk hunting this year on 4. I'll let you know how it goes...

17 points for pronghorn and 17 for bison. Could get a bison cow tag with that many points, but given I am going to draw a Wyoming bull bison tag this year, I figured I would roll the dice and try for a UT Henry Mountain bull bison bull tag to make it a double this year.

Should be there doing a general archery mule deer hunt in August. Tired of building general deer points, so may as well burn them and start doing some investigation during the quiet season of August archery hunts.

14 deer points, 14 sheep points....5 for elk and bison.

Those points are about worthless in Utah...going for the gold in the Utah draws this year (which means basically collecting more points and praying for a random tag).

Book Cliffs deer, elk, sheep, Cache moose and Nebo goat for me. Little to no chance. Still have hope!

10 points for deer and sheep means I'm in no mans land. Luckily I started accumulating these worthless points early in life so I can drag them along like a ball and chain until I'm 50.

I've drawn my moose tag and am in the waiting period on elk. So basically no chance of anything in Utah this year unless I get REALLY lucky...

17 points for pronghorn and 17 for bison. Could get a bison cow tag with that many points, but given I am going to draw a Wyoming bull bison tag this year, I figured I would roll the dice and try for a UT Henry Mountain bull bison bull tag to make it a double this year.

Should be there doing a general archery mule deer hunt in August. Tired of building general deer points, so may as well burn them and start doing some investigation during the quiet season of August archery hunts.
That many pronghorn points could easily get you into the unit where I took these pics. Lots of public land and if they get pushed to the hay fields, a couple cups of coffee at the only gas station in town will probably get you permission on most every hayfield not in a CWMU. FWIW...

PS- I realize these are far from good pics, but thought I'd post them anyway...

Back