Utah Elk!

jimss

Well, the UT elk draw deadline is approaching. I thought I'd start a small survey to see where everyone applied for elk this year. Which unit, how many pts did you have, and are you a res/nonres. I am still trying to decide!....only a few more days left before I'll be flipping a coin!

I second The Welcome. This will be the 5th year for me putting in for an LE utah tag, should only take me about 6 more years to draw. I'm going in for Muzzle and of course the unit is top secret. If I told ya, I'd have to ........
Seriously...any Utah LE unit is a dream hunt.....pick any one you like.

Cheers
Roadtrip

I bought a bonus point this year, as I have a hunt planned out-of-state. I will have 8 elk points after this years draw.

Well,
Since i drew last year i cant put in for utah elk, but my dad put in for Beaver mountain, same unit as i did, and he has 13 Bonus Points....My brother put in for archery beaver mountain elk, and he has a few bonus points....

JSut getting started in the game. I'g jsut going after a Point. But I did put in for General deer.

Idahobugler your one point ahead of me so your not last |oo I should have started years ago too. But I guess you can't pull a tag without applying. I put in for Fish lake Archery.

Idaho....can you just buy a point as a non-resi for an archery tag?? If so, how much is it? Is that what you've done so far?

Last year I bought a point. This year I figured it would be fun to actually apply for a hunt. Ya never do know. I heard a non res drew Book Cliffs last year with no points. So I figured what the heck.

Will you get your money back if you don't draw. I know if I want to apply for special deer permit, not sure about elk, in your state, I will not get my money back.

It only takes $6 to apply. I put in for Manti, any weapon.

One of the beauties of UT system is that you can draw on the first year. A guy at work did on Mtn Goat, but then didn't even hunt one day...

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back