Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Utah continues push to eliminate public land

Reclaimed lands are like a food plot for wildlife. Much more productive than the untouched lands around it. Access was restricted but not completely so. Employees and tribal members could hunt it. And one of the companies other properties were enrolled in block management.
I lived next to a coal mine for several years. I saw the reclaimed portions. It was good habitat, but in no way better than well managed, unaltered habitat. I'm speaking to this experience, not the broad brush approach. In this area, any place with restricted access could grow big bucks and bulls.

I lived next to a coal mine for several years. I saw the reclaimed portions. It was good habitat, but in no way better than well managed, unaltered habitat. I'm speaking to this experience, not the broad brush approach. In this area, any place with restricted access could grow big bucks and bulls.
Well managed habitat is hard to find and unaltered habitat is much harder.
This past weekend I hunted an area split in half with one side being NF and the other a WSA. The NF side was in way better shape. Actually a model of good stewardship and prime example of what logging can be when done right. The WSA side was burnt timber or timber that will be burnt soon.

Well managed habitat is hard to find and unaltered habitat is much harder.
This past weekend I hunted an area split in half with one side being NF and the other a WSA. The NF side was in way better shape. Actually a model of good stewardship and prime example of what logging can be when done right. The WSA side was burnt timber or timber that will be burnt soon.
I think you and I have way different perspectives on what is good habitat, what is well managed, and what is unaltered. I don't consider burned timber as a sign of poor stewardship any more than I consider all logging projects bad.

I think you and I have way different perspectives on what is good habitat, what is well managed, and what is unaltered. I don't consider burned timber as a sign of poor stewardship any more than I consider all logging projects bad.
My definition of good is how much game it holds. It's pretty clear it wasnt the WSA side.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back