Caribou Gear Tarp

Utah 2020 Draw Results Thread

I have had Debit cards compromised twice, both about 5 years ago. First was a simple TV purchase in store at location that I was no where near tipped me off early, the card was shut down and I received a prompt refund and new card and account.
The second time I wasnt so lucky. A day after I made couple online purchases, I recieved an email alert for large purcahses, over the course of less than a day over 9K in charges were coming in. All for marijuana growing equipment to be shipped too differnt locations.
In the end the bank was able to block all but a 650 purchase that had shipping adresss in my state, that being the reason it went through. Long story short , 6 weeks of aggravation, affidavits, phone calls, and in person meetings with security and fraud prevention people before I was made whole. I havent used a debit card for any thing other than an ATM withdrawal since then. Lesson learned.

Sorry for my sideways manner and not being to the point. I am speaking about the differences in fraud activity and amount of potential damages between credit cards and debit cards. Ask any person who deals with banking fraud if they use a credit card or a debit card? There is a reason so many more will say credit card and how few use a debit card.

use a credit card like a firewall for all of your finances. Credit cards have better fraud protection and it is not your actual money being used online. Using a debit card anywhere is like waiving your checking account to the world. You don’t have to maintain a balance on them you just pay them off at the end of every month.

Nothing here either. Sorry for the digression! I get a little passionate when it comes to fraud! :rolleyes:
No need to be sorry it's something we should all be concerned about. I use my debit card and the ATM so infrequently I sometimes grab the debit card and think what's this. 🤣

Two Utah friends said their credit cards got hit this evening for their resident General Deer tag.

Wonder if they are messing with me?

Man I hope things are just getting going as I don’t have a hit yet and thought I would be almost a shoe-in for my first out of state big game tag ever with my general deer tag application...

Two Utah friends said their credit cards got hit this evening for their resident General Deer tag.

Wonder if they are messing with me?
Reports like this every year are the reason I have to reset my daily limit in the middle of the night!

So Utah tried to hit my card for $800 but it was flagged as fraud. Am I screwed or will they allow me to rectify it? By the way this is my 3rd yr applying so this would be a borderline miracle.

So Utah tried to hit my card for $800 but it was flagged as fraud. Am I screwed or will they allow me to rectify it? By the way this is my 3rd yr applying so this would be a borderline miracle.

They will allow you to pay over the phone Or use a different card. Contact them ASAP or they should be contacting you very soon. $800 sounds like an elk tag?

They will allow you to pay over the phone Or use a different card. Contact them ASAP or they should be contacting you very soon. $800 sounds like an elk tag?
Yes looks like Cache South Late Rifle. My wife may kill me. Already drew a NM elk tag. If anyone has a opinion on this tag please let me know. I had no expectations of actually drawing.

That's very neat country. Depending on weather, assuming you drew the Nov tag, could be sketchy getting into some of that country. Be sure to have a way to ID private land boundaries as there's a fair mix of it in some of the areas I'd be looking for elk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back