UT 2010 count down!!!

I usually feel left out not being part of the in crowd and recieving the pre-post picture messages. I think in this case I'm okay with it.:eek:

Sitting up high on a vantage point waiting for evening to see if anything shows. Another guy is near me and we talked at the parking spot. He said it is going to br record high temps, but I don't know if he is right. He said he has been hunting this spot his whole life, and there is nothing big up in this spot. Then he tells me about a pond with 200 head a night and I should check it out... I think he is covering up... I walk a half mile and find good sign and a broke off tine from this year. I think this is a good spot:D

Good grief this weather is brutal for the elk rut. They shut down in less than an hour after lite and start an hour before dark. Can you guys do a snow dance for me??
Drove back around to the other side to scout, here is the beast making glassing a pain
picture.php

Got out and got 300 yards of this five pt. Last couple days I would take him I guess.
picture.php

picture.php

I am dropping into a deep canyon tonight so I will be out of phone service for a couple days. The hunt starts in the morning.... I hope a good bull ignores the weather

"Hello, Utah Division of Wildlife. Officer Joe Smith speaking."

"This is Al Waysanass calling, I'd like to report a suspicious looking guy riding around in a moving van."

"Can you elaborate Mr. Waysanass?"

"Yes, he looks like an easterner, bald and beady eyed, driving real slow and stopping occasionally to peer thru an offbrand spotting scope clamped to his window. He raised the back of the van on one occasion to polish an atv and we used our binos to see what looked like might be a body wrapped up and a cacoon like contraption hanging from the sides of the van's interior."

"Uh, thanks Mr. Waysanass but we've already been alerted by a Mr Cuervo and are looking into the matter...in fact your voice and Mr. Cuervo's sounds very similar"

I think I may try and do a small post or two for those who always ask how I am able to fly out for hunts with all the gear. I t may help a lot of guys who never have done it and think that they need to take everything but the kitchen sink. It has taken many years but I have it down to a system.

That is flippin' funny to see the self-proclaimed "expert" with his system.....
picture.php

Tip again for fly and hunt... check out renting one of these instead of an suv. I reserved a ten footer but they werre out so I got this thing. Much cheaper than a rental suv and you can camp in. It as you can. See

I am sure everybody has a different idea of a "quality elk hunt" but I can't imagine anything worse than a friggin' Budget-Rent-A-Truck and claiming to be an "expert" on hunting out of state....

LMAO...

Luckily, MT Miller tries to come to his aid.....

Actually I believe nearly all the driving around will be done on an ATV. The moving van can is basically base camp (that can haul an ATV). Seems like a pretty good idea in my opinion.
But, unfortunately, the self-proclaimed "expert" even makes Miller look foolish for defending his Moving Van/ATV "quality hunt".....
As that sure don't look like the rear view mirror of an ATV..... looks more like somebody is road hunting on the InterState in a Budget-Rent-A-Truck while pretending to be an "expert" hunter....
Drove back around to the other side to scout, here is the beast making glassing a pain
picture.php
LMAO.....

Even a Texan can't defend this cluster-f@ck....
"Hello, Utah Division of Wildlife. Officer Joe Smith speaking."

"This is Al Waysanass calling, I'd like to report a suspicious looking guy riding around in a moving van."

"Can you elaborate Mr. Waysanass?"

"Yes, he looks like an easterner, bald and beady eyed, driving real slow and stopping occasionally to peer thru an offbrand spotting scope clamped to his window. He raised the back of the van on one occasion to polish an atv and we used our binos to see what looked like might be a body wrapped up and a cacoon like contraption hanging from the sides of the van's interior."

"Uh, thanks Mr. Waysanass but we've already been alerted by a Mr Cuervo and are looking into the matter...in fact your voice and Mr. Cuervo's sounds very similar"

I'll be the first to say I expect to see a hilarious picture of an ATV, a massive stack of bloody meat, and an Oh My God bull stuffed in the back of that van.

Funny - yes, stupid, no.

That is flippin' funny to see the self-proclaimed "expert" with his system.....

I am sure everybody has a different idea of a "quality elk hunt" but I can't imagine anything worse than a friggin' Budget-Rent-A-Truck and claiming to be an "expert" on hunting out of state....

LMAO...

Luckily, MT Miller tries to come to his aid.....

But, unfortunately, the self-proclaimed "expert" even makes Miller look foolish for defending his Moving Van/ATV "quality hunt".....
As that sure don't look like the rear view mirror of an ATV..... looks more like somebody is road hunting on the InterState in a Budget-Rent-A-Truck while pretending to be an "expert" hunter....

LMAO.....

Even a Texan can't defend this cluster-f@ck....

All this from as guy who's only posted a pic of a dead bird the last five years. Good luck Pat, you're gay but not as gay as jose cuerva.

Good luck Schmalts.

I saw a Uhaul van down on the Kenai this summer, and thought thats a great idea. Proably 1/3 the price of a rental.

Jose is now attacking someone who he recently asked for lope hunting advice on. That person now wishes he would have told him to pound sand. Classic

Good luck Schmalts.

I saw a Uhaul van down on the Kenai this summer, and thought thats a great idea. Proably 1/3 the price of a rental.

29 bucks a day,plus milage. If you don't drive it much it is way cheaper. The ten footer would be my preference. Gotta go... time to get into the hell hole

Jose is now attacking someone who he recently asked for lope hunting advice on. That person now wishes he would have told him to pound sand. Classic

You might want to get your facts straight. I asked Miller about BIRD hunting and a question about Hunter Orange (as I thought it was required, but didn't notice it in his pictures), and I figured he would know the regulation. Which he did and he was nice enough to give me an answer. If you need a quote of Miller's reply on bird hunting and hunter orange, let me know.

I am guessing that if Miller has a problem with me he would not have any problem letting me know. He certainly wouldn't cry in his beer to you. And if he does have a problem with me, there is a good chance I will be over in Box Elder, MT pretty soon, and he can either drink a beer with me or not.

I got no problem with Miller and I seriously doubt he has a problem with me (or, if you would grow-up, with you.)

Hey Schmaltz.....

schmalts 06:54pm Viewing Thread UT 2010 count down!!!

Dude, give it a rest and quit worrying about the friggin' thread. You should be out scouting for elk and not worrying about shit you have stirred up.

I am out.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back