USFS suddenly shuts public roads prior to elk hunt

Carnage2011

Big deal You Montanans can handle the Snow and cold. Theres only 100k people living in the Bozeman area. There are over 5 million in Phoenix area. So you can't compare the 2 And theres over 2 feet of snow in many areas up north. And people here don't go prepared. You can't compare the 2. Thats like You Montanans coming here in July when its 118 degrees. You Guys would Puss out. I would go golfing , its just nature reversed. Don't like it ,Don't hunt Here. Just like I wouldn't hunt Montana in -20. I would Puss out.....BOB!
Maybe they should have only closed the roads for residents then? Since they are the ones that aren’t prepared...(that’s sarcastic). Lots of non residents drew tags and may have been prepared, but weren’t given the opportunity. Sounds like you locals are more equipped to golf than hunt. Gomer-we’ll consider you a MT resident still.

dirtclod Az.

Big deal You Montanans can handle the Snow and cold. Theres only 100k people living in the Bozeman area. There are over 5 million in Phoenix area. So you can't compare the 2 And theres over 2 feet of snow in many areas up north. And people here don't go prepared. You can't compare the 2. Thats like You Montanans coming here in July when its 118 degrees. You Guys would Puss out. I would go golfing , its just nature reversed. Don't like it ,Don't hunt Here. Just like I wouldn't hunt Montana in -20. I would Puss out.....BOB!
Heck yea,I always golf in the summer.Rates are lower and the Beer lady comes by more often
with way less clothes.I also Archery Deer hunt in Aug.when it's over 100deg.,even at higher elevations.
Snow is not my favorite,but I can tough it out.Still they shouldn't have closed the roads prematurely. 🔥

Old man bob

What goes around ,comes around. I ate a Muley tag in Montana 4 years ago cause of -22. Was with a buddy from Minnasota and it was even cold on him. We hunted 15-20 at a time glassing then back in truck.I found a 3x3 for him from the truck. after we went home. to the oil field in Dakota. Just as cold. Waste of a tag. I saw deer Glassing but would have died by time I got to em. Not that important. Gotta value life over hunting. Hell 6 people died down here (civillians) from the storm..And yes ,the cart Girls get prettier in the Summer................BOB!

7 mag

[QUOTE="Old man bob, post: 2916285, member: 41050"
-22. Was with a buddy from Minnasota and it was even cold on him.
[/QUOTE]
That's really surprising, MN gets, every bit as, cold as montana