Used vehicle prices

I guess I also need to add, I have a 2000 GMC crew cab 4X4 with a 454 and 5 speed with 160,000 miles on it. I drive it to save putting miles on the 2022. And I also have a 2000 Chevy S-10 with 185,000 miles on it and I use it so I donā€™t put miles on the 2000 GMC.

You canā€™t be to money consciousā€¦

6FC665D6-B711-4703-A4EB-0F80AF3BFC58.jpeg2A030E0F-CB48-4B3E-9306-67666D535F1C.jpeg

The truth:

Today a used 4X4 is worth more than it ever has before.
*How long will that last?

A new truck will never cost less than now.
*MSRP is actually a good price today.

You can decide if you want to drive your truck until the wheels fall off and be independent of the manufacturerā€™s high cost, or buy now at these prices.

When the wheels fall off, the new truck you will have to buy will be at such a ridiculous rate, you will wish you hadnā€™t waited so long.

Like it or not, if you want to own and drive a 4X4 truck, you had better get used to paying for it. You will pay now or you will pay later, but later wonā€™t save you any money.

My Ram was 10 years old, I sold it with 84,000 miles on it for what I paid for it new. There was nothing wrong with it and it would last another 10 years. But, in 10 years I would have a 20 year old truck with more chance of mechanical problems than if I buy new now, so I did.

I paid $21,000.00 more to buy a new Chevrolet crew cab, Duramax, that will have way less miles on it in 10 years and who knows how much a truck will cost then.

Just like the old ā€œFramā€ oil filter ad said ā€œyou can pay me now or pay me laterā€ and later isnā€™t going to be cheap.

Ram sold for $43,000.00

View attachment 227862

2022 Chevrolet 3500
$64,000.00

View attachment 227863
Some of us aren't into that game anymore, not at those rates, besides, I gotta keep buying 'points' for tags! I'm old enough now, that I don't need to 'keep up with the Jones's', and I'm still young enough that I can crawl under my ride and work on them. Replacing wheel bearings and CV axles next weekend. Worst case scenario on a used truck? The engine blows. Junkyard on the coast sells engines for a few hundred dollars, there's an engine hoist out in the shop. I'll keep fixing stuff. Oh, and so long as y'all keep paying that much, they'll keep selling them for that. What happened to folks who fixed their own crap? Gotta be a few more out there....

Some of us aren't into that game anymore, not at those rates, besides, I gotta keep buying 'points' for tags! I'm old enough now, that I don't need to 'keep up with the Jones's', and I'm still young enough that I can crawl under my ride and work on them. Replacing wheel bearings and CV axles next weekend. Worst case scenario on a used truck? The engine blows. Junkyard on the coast sells engines for a few hundred dollars, there's an engine hoist out in the shop. I'll keep fixing stuff. Oh, and so long as y'all keep paying that much, they'll keep selling them for that. What happened to folks who fixed their own crap? Gotta be a few more out there....
I spent 50 years on that crap, I donā€™t want to do it anymore. If you think that not buying new cars and trucks will bring prices down, you got another think coming.

Jonesā€™s be damned, I am living my life for myself and I donā€™t worry what they think or doā€¦

I need to replace my commuter car and I donā€™t even know what to do. Prices of well used, fuel efficient cars are stupid.
whats a 2005 chevy impala with 150K worth to you? New tires but does need struts

Weā€™ve been shopping for a car for a teenager, and I wholeheartedly agree.
Auctions, tons of estate auctions have low mileage gas sippers. Also look at repo auctions. I use Repocast.com as itā€™s here in my state. They are there for a reason and would highly suggest a in person inspection. I go up there frequently and there are gems every week if you know what to look for.

Just bought the wife a 2018 Ford Explorer with 33K on it for $30K. I thought that was a good price for the times. We are going to sell her 2014 Ford Explorer to my daughter and are probably going to sell the daughters 2010 Ford Edge. A big shuffle. Should keep us in reliable vehicles for a few years and hopefully this nonsense settles down by then.

I'm in the market for a 1/2 ton pick up for work. Its been tough even finding what I want. Once I get locked in and settled I'm planning on selling my 2003 toyota 4runner. Haven't looked recently but I'm sure they're selling for a lot more than what I paid for.

Bought this used 03 Silverado 2500HD and have been driving for several years and back earlier this year was offered 8k over what I paid for it. Been around trucks all my life. I know I will keep it a long time and only put less than 10k on it a year so no real need to get rid of. Plus I can fix most everything on it myself and these new trucks are so complicated I would need a computer to keep it running.View attachment 227883
I think the 99-07 GM trucks made were probably the best trucks they ever made. Made in a time before DFM and AFM and just didn't have the problems the newer trucks are having.

My exwife bought my daughter an Infiniti G37S for her 16th birthday. 320 hp, 320 ft lb of torque, brembo brakes, paddle shifters etc. basically a rocket on wheels. Convertible top looks like a transformer when you put it up or down. Paid $13k and dealer offered $23k about 6 months ago.

Man, I thought the crazinesss was slowing down in vehicles but you guys are bummin me out. '16 F150 w/ 122k has been trouble free but figured I'd be replacing it in the next year or two with a new one. If new half tons are going to be 80k I shoulda swapped it for a new one this spring..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back