unlucky muskrat!

Hunter&Huntress

After seeing Randy's post about trapping muskrats, I went out and tried to catch a few of my own. I was able to catch my first ones today! I got extremely lucky with one. I don't know how you could come any closer to not catching it.

Attachments

• muskrats.jpg
    muskrats.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 422
  • finger muskrat.jpg
    finger muskrat.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 403
  • fingernail muskrat.jpg
    fingernail muskrat.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 399
Wow, that guy was having a bad day. I've never seen a rat or beaver that was caught by a foot in a conibear. Nothing wrong with being a little lucky.

Cool catch, never saw a single toe in a conibear. Caught a few by the tail . Strangest conibear catch was a female mink caught in the chain ring of a 330 conibear wich was set below a beaver dam and fastened to a stake with tie wire.

Buy Mark Junes coyote video and book,and you'll be catching plenty of yotes.Muskrats and water trapping in general can be a lot more fun though.You don't have to worry about frozen traps,hunman scent,hunters stealing your catch ect..Trapping is addictive like elk hunting.There can be a big learning curve but keep at it.Once you get the first couple yotes or bobcat out of the way it gets much easier.You have no shortage of either in Wy.Next time I go out to Wy for a rifle elk hunt, I'm bringing my traps.You guys have some super nice yotes and cats
Congrats on the odd catch.Are you making stuff from your fur or planning to sell to an auction?Keep posting pics so I can follow along with your winter fun

I am going to try and make a pair of gloves out of them. Then I would like to give one to my wife's grandpa because he help get me started. I will definitely keep posting pictures. Will be checking traps tomorrow. I'm also going to set some traps up for mink I don't know if there are any around that area but might as well try!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back