Unexpected coolness...

SFC B

We had a range day today with work. One of the owners of Thunderbeast suppressors came down from WY to give us a little info period and chance to shoot the full line. I am pretty meh about suppressors due to the red tape but this session turned around for me when we started unpacking guns. 3 rifles floored me and I was like a kid in a candy shop. Accuracy International chassis guns in 300 PRC, 308 and 6.5 CM . They were wearing 2 Zero Compromise and a Schmidt and Bender respectively. Grinning ear to ear I shot them as much as I could. The only disappointment in it was that we were only on a 100m range. I took my turns literally shooting the pedals off of sunflowers at that distance.......one more thing I would have probably never have gotten to do without this job. BTW, the suppressors were amazing too!! The pic is me behind the 300PRC

Attachments

• AI 300 PRC.jpg
    AI 300 PRC.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 83
My duty rifle was an AI in .308, stunningly accurate. I’m like you when it comes to suppressors but given I’ve lost 60% of my hearing, if given a chance to go back in time, I would buy suppressors and lottery tickets in that order.
Glad you had a fun day.

Some people just don’t understand they should mind their own business!

Pulled up to the range with my elderly uncle and a buddy from out of state. Basically started running his mouth as we pulled rifles from cases.

Would think a more sound business practice would be inquiring if we ever shot suppressed before, would we like to try the stuff he had, benefits, costs, process/timeline etc.

I am very curious about making the switch, but would never purchase one of his products after that encounter.

Called my friend and had a good laugh at the memory. That guy is a clown. (Assuming it’s the one I am thinking it is.)

Was at the range and basically got berated by this guy for not shooting suppressed.

Unimpressed.
I chatted with a guy a couple years ago that admittedly loved to piss people off with his muzzle braked 338 RUM at ranges. He was a jerk and apparently wanted to let people know

You want to know who the real @&&holes are at the range? Muzzleloader shooters, apparently.

I’ve never been given so much grief at a range until I started shouting mine. Last week, I went down and had wind at my back. I let one go and the powder blew to my target. The guy two lanes from me started coughing and laughed at me.

AITA?!?!?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back