Unexpected coolness...

Gotta shoot public range to qualify and set up right next to the only bloke there -who is shooting a .22 lr with subsonics.
I shoot my 12.5in with a brake 308 at an indoor and there are always these 2 old dudes shooting 22. I always give them a heads up but they still give me the stink eye.

Which guy and what range. The guy that came out for us is a competitive shooter and they have a private range......would be strange if it was him.

We ran into Mr. Sanchez at a range here in Cheyenne.

Who came to shoot for you guys?

Did someone say brake?….

One of the first times I shot it the guy three positions down packed up and left.

It’s only a .30-06…

Witt machine slip-on brake.
IMG_0231.jpeg

Stevens 200 LA .30-06 weighs a whopping 5 1/2 lbs.
IMG_0230.jpeg

Did someone say brake?….

One of the first times I shot it the guy three positions down packed up and left.

It’s only a .30-06…

Witt machine slip-on brake.
View attachment 290242

Stevens 200 LA .30-06 weighs a whopping 5 1/2 lbs.
View attachment 290243

I would have left before you had a chance to pull the trigger. I value what's left of my hearing, and I don't need the headache either.

I would have left before you had a chance to pull the trigger. I value what's left of my hearing, and I don't need the headache either.

I’m surprised for an -06 how loud that sucker really is. But it is effective. The 06 has less felt recoil with it than my .243 did.

Muzzle brake…

Device on a firearm that creates unwanted and excessive noise and makes shooting uncomfortable for your neighbors on the range…

It's been hard to spend on a suppressor over tags and travel expenses, but it is my next firearms purchase. Probably an AB Raptor 6 or 8 with a reflex.

An 06 seems like a crazy thing to brake at the expense of the noise. Too bad.

At 5 1/2 lbs, it’s a bit brutal with a full power 180 gr load.

If I don’t like the 06, what am I going to think when I build the 400 Whelen or the 338 Norma mag.

I'm just enamored with your stock extension!

The plan is to find a piece of curly maple and carve a stock for it.

The extension is an attempt to custom fit the rifle to me and allow me to make adjustments prior to cutting the final piece of wood. The length of Pull is about 14.75”.

I’m also making a jig to jewel the bolt body as well.

The action is also being polished and cleaned up so I can send it in and have it PVD coated just like the Zermatt arms Origin

IMG_7885.jpeg

Method used for figuring LOP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back