PEAX Equipment

Un-reasonable Suspicion

I am sticking my tongue out at TG!��

Your post made no sense at all and if a GW did come in his house with a warrant and they found packages labeled like that he would be expected to show that he had a legal license for the wild game labeled as you stated! If it was meant as a joke, it was a poor one!

Last edited:
Border patrol does not have free reign except at the border. Within 25 miles the may enter private property (but not dwellings) without consent. Beyond that they have no special powers. Still need particularized suspicion to pull you over etc. At checkpoints they can ask about citizenship but I suppose regular police might be able to as well. It is rarely impermissible for law enforcement to ask about a potential crime as long as they don't impermissible single you out to ask..

Zero. I would not suggest a person come into my house uninvited without legal authority to do so. If the person has legal authority to come in a dozen times then I will let the person in a dozen times.

Exactly - all this power ripe for abuse and it doesn't stop what it is supposed to. :mad:

Now I have to bug out since I'm going hiking with my daughter on the Gallatin crest. We are dressing in tin foil lined camo so the drones can't see us (kidding, but not about the warrentless searches).

There were several drones flying around on the North side of Bozeman on Thursday night. Flew right over my brothers place several times.

This thread is without a doubt worth every penny I paid for it! ( The spiney lobster case was interesting, I read it at work yesterday where I had some internet bars) It wasn't exactly on topic but it was close enough and the legal aspects entertaining.

Dablemonts' cases that caught my eye were a warden posting on a kid's swimming hole and making the girls let him check their bikinis for "drugs" by them pulling them out and him looking in, no drugs were found but I'm guessing it was a successful search for the warden just the same...

The other was where MO DNR bullied their way in to a home with threat of jail time if you don't let us in and they seized a pet coon and shot it.

I took amusement at the fact the coon incident drew more ire from his readers than the "chester the molester" warden.

FISHING???? I think not, but the flowers are looking peaked at 12K, won't be long now.

This thread is without a doubt worth every penny I paid for it! ( The spiney lobster case was interesting, I read it at work yesterday where I had some internet bars) It wasn't exactly on topic but it was close enough and the legal aspects entertaining.

Dablemonts' cases that caught my eye were a warden posting on a kid's swimming hole and making the girls let him check their bikinis for "drugs" by them pulling them out and him looking in, no drugs were found but I'm guessing it was a successful search for the warden just the same...

The other was where MO DNR bullied their way in to a home with threat of jail time if you don't let us in and they seized a pet coon and shot it.

I took amusement at the fact the coon incident drew more ire from his readers than the "chester the molester" warden.

FISHING???? I think not, but the flowers are looking peaked at 12K, won't be long now.

I'd like wardens in my to be under the same restrictions for warrentless search as the police (4th amendment) but they are not as far as I can tell. There was some legislation this last session to correct that but it met with strong opposition from sportsmen groups. If you think their authority is bad the border patrol basically has free reign within 100 miles of the border.

You are wrong about the Border Patrol. A lot of that authority has been watered down by the feel-good/pro-alien crew. I spent 22 years in the Border Patrol when the "open fields doctrine" was still in place and we could go pretty much anywhere on ag lands within 25-miles of the border. It was never carte blanc 100 miles from the border and never for residences. Even nexus with the border is no sure thing on a vehicle stop under the current administration. It is pathetic.

On the original subject, from what I have seen and heard in Nebraska, wardens can pretty much go into anywhere and check freezers. Maybe not if the garage etc., is attached to your house, I don't know, but there has been some shaky stuff here a few times. I know that they have been used in narcotics warrants, just for their lighter restriction on entry.

Years back the NM Game Wardens got their peepees slapped for stopping a vehicle just because they were out hunting . They had no pc to believe that a crime had been committed. There was a felon in possession of a firearm in the group and he was charged accordingly. A good lawyer ran it all the way up the flag pole and the state courts made them start using pc like every other LEO.

A lot of times game wardens do things and get away with it, because no one knows what their authorities really are, or how to fight it. I think if some sportsmen really pushed some stops/searches legally, then a lot of actions would change.

this thread is without a doubt worth every penny i paid for it! ( the spiney lobster case was interesting, i read it at work yesterday where i had some internet bars) it wasn't exactly on topic but it was close enough and the legal aspects entertaining.

Dablemonts' cases that caught my eye were a warden posting on a kid's swimming hole and making the girls let him check their bikinis for "drugs" by them pulling them out and him looking in, no drugs were found but i'm guessing it was a successful search for the warden just the same...

The other was where mo dnr bullied their way in to a home with threat of jail time if you don't let us in and they seized a pet coon and shot it.

Fishing???? I think not, but the flowers are looking peaked at 12k, won't be long now.

IMG_1421.JPG

Border patrol does not have free reign except at the border. Within 25 miles the may enter private property (but not dwellings) without consent. Beyond that they have no special powers. Still need particularized suspicion to pull you over etc. At checkpoints they can ask about citizenship but I suppose regular police might be able to as well. It is rarely impermissible for law enforcement to ask about a potential crime as long as they don't impermissible single you out to ask..
I consider that free reign enough ;). The law says 100 miles. I looked and saw where a court case said the exception was limited to the boarder (not 100 miles) and then you say 25 miles so I'm not sure how much latitude they really have.

This got me thinking, I wonder if one of those space blankets will prevent them from reading my thoughts. That would be much easier than taping together sheets of tin foil.

[edit, correction - I think the law doesn't specify a distance, but the AG ruled 100 miles]

Last edited:
Followup, the OP could maybe throw a space blanket over that inflatable doll. In addition to obscuring it from the government it would keep it warmer.

Followup, the OP could maybe throw a space blanket over that inflatable doll. In addition to obscuring it from the government it would keep it warmer.

It wouldn't matter, I'm sure he believes the government is watching him through his tv, his toaster, his microwave, his phone, because THEY are out to get him.

It wouldn't matter, I'm sure he believes the government is watching him through his tv, his toaster, his microwave, his phone, because THEY are out to get him.
Perhaps, but wouldn't he at least want the doll to be warmer?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back