Caribou Gear Tarp

Uff da! Spoilt meat.

Resurrecting this thread.
My wife apparently left the chest freezer wide open last night after she put something in there around 10:30. Luckily, my dad is staying with us and got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and saw the lid open and closed it.
Freezer alarms ordered. Should have already had them. Got lucky.

happened 2yrs ago. plug go knocked side ways.
Now I check it every time by.
freezers are full currently, I have to look into an alarm. didn't know they made them

Freezer breaker tripped sometime since I was in there about 8 PM last night. Chest freezer full of moose is good, elk burger and moose sausage in the bottom of the upright is good. Only lost miscellaneous prepackaged frozen goods in the top of the upright. Just finished ordering freezer alarms.....🙄

What's the best one with an external unit, wired probe, wifi connected with push alerts that don't charge a subscription fee (and don't plan to)?

A couple decades ago I lead a construction job on a science building in Eastern Washington. Aside from adding to the building and remodeling it, I had to change out the power source. Inside the building they had freezers with specimens that they deemed irreplaceable. I recall some of the samples were from turn of the previous century arctic explorations Over 100 years old. I lived in fear of killing power to those freezers! I contracted to a local electrical contractor and he worked up a design for a freezer alarm that would wake the dead if the power went out! I felt better once they were installed! it was pre Wi-Fi etc so it was all about batteries and volume. Set ‘em on stun!

Plug the freezer into a multi-outlet power strip. Place the power strip where no one can bump it or otherwise disturb it. Plug a small extension cord into the power strip and plug a nightlight or other small light into the extension cord. Now every time you walk by, you have a visible reminder that the freezer is plugged in.

My wife and I went out of town for a couple weeks and my mother stopped by the house to check on things a few times. She turned out the light in the laundry room. That light controlled the power to the detached garage. Lost a hog and two whitetails. A few years later in a different house we went out of town for a week and my brother was feeding our dog. The extension cord to the freezer was in the walking path and he dislodged it. I lost my first mule deer.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back