Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Uff da! Spoilt meat.

Ben Long

Oh man. I HATE wasting meat. Last night I discovered my wife had accidentally unplugged the deep freeze. About two weeks ago. Messy, sad job hauling a cut-and-wrapped whitetail buck and several pounds of elk to the dumpster. Took me a while to cool down. How does one prevent that from happening again?

Oh man. I HATE wasting meat. Last night I discovered my wife had accidentally unplugged the deep freeze. About two weeks ago. Messy, sad job hauling a cut-and-wrapped whitetail buck and several pounds of elk to the dumpster. Took me a while to cool down. How does one prevent that from happening again?
Hang a red or yellow tag on the plug end with message to not unplug. You can also get freezer alarms.

Oof I hurt for you. We have probably 300 lbs of elk, deer, antelope and pork between 3 deep freezers. We use these freezer sensors. The monitor beeps and also sends push alerts to your phone if temps go out of range. Haven't had any fail on us yet.

MOCREO WiFi Thermometer Hygrometer, with Remote App&Email Alarm, Data History Temperature Humidity Sensor Hub, Wireless Indoor Monitor Gauge for Freezer Alarm Home Greenhouse Garage Wine Cellar, 3Pack https://a.co/d/74igH9o

I have one of those outside thermometers with a radio link to an inside display. However, I really need to get an alarm.

Oof I hurt for you. We have probably 300 lbs of elk, deer, antelope and pork between 3 deep freezers. We use these freezer sensors. The monitor beeps and also sends push alerts to your phone if temps go out of range. Haven't had any fail on us yet.

MOCREO WiFi Thermometer Hygrometer, with Remote App&Email Alarm, Data History Temperature Humidity Sensor Hub, Wireless Indoor Monitor Gauge for Freezer Alarm Home Greenhouse Garage Wine Cellar, 3Pack https://a.co/d/74igH9o
That looks like a very good thing to get.

Man. The same exact thing happened to us two weeks ago (except it was me who knocked the plug out) and my poor wife discovered it when she opened the freezer to get something 🤮🤮

I plugged it back in to re-freeze then cleaned it out. It was baaaaaaad!

I’m for sure getting one of those alarms this fall when I get stuff in it.

I love mine. It picks up my freeze in my detached garage. ORIA Refrigerator Thermometer, Wireless Digital Freezer Thermometer with 2 Wireless Sensors, Wireless Indoor Outdoor Thermometer, Audible Alarm, Min and Max Display, LCD Display for Home, Restaurants https://a.co/d/bgwsEla

I've dodged this bullet twice but I'm sure my time will come. I was lucky enough for catch the first two dead freezers before anything spoiled but I think I will invest in one of these wifi sensors with the phone app.

I was doing something in the garage once and tripped the breaker that the freezers were on without noticing. Luckily the garage door is on that circuit too, and I noticed when I tried opening the door a few minutes later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back