Caribou Gear Tarp

UFC Fans?

mtmuley

Watching the pre fight before the big one tonite. I won't be buying. What the heck is the draw? mtmuley

Draw as is in why do people watch? Bad ass dudes beating the shit out of each other. This has been around longer than you and people have always been attracted to it

Never understood MMA or whatever it is. I am also suprised they are allowed to continue to do fights like this, especially with how big concussions are in other sports; how do they get away with beating the living hell out of the other and not worried about future damage to their brains?

Never understood MMA or whatever it is. I am also suprised they are allowed to continue to do fights like this, especially with how big concussions are in other sports; how do they get away with beating the living hell out of the other and not worried about future damage to their brains?
And that's why you have the name golfer ;)

Id sure be curious to see how this sport fairs in the future with today's concussion protocols and issues.

That being said both of the men fighting are bad dudes. I haven't seen much for odds but hopefully it's a good one. McGregor is a absolute lunatic.

I’ve never been able to get into it. I did enjoy watching Azure from Poplar though, he was a stud all the way back in AAU.

When I was younger I thought cage fighting was barbaric and distasteful. Especially when compared to boxing. Then, for a while, I was unsure about boxing. It seemed that every old boxer sounded like a drunk.
I have now come to enjoy watching MMA much more than boxing. Matches are shorter which is a huge plus for me. Knockouts are swift and only time will tell if old MMA retirees slur as much as boxers.
if you don’t like it, fine, no skin off my nose.

When I was younger I thought cage fighting was barbaric and distasteful. Especially when compared to boxing. Then, for a while, I was unsure about boxing. It seemed that every old boxer sounded like a drunk.
I have now come to enjoy watching MMA much more than boxing. Matches are shorter which is a huge plus for me. Knockouts are swift and only time will tell if old MMA retirees slur as much as boxers.
if you don’t like it, fine, no skin off my nose.

I'd rather have the cauliflower ears of an old MMA fighter than the punch-drunk slur of an old boxer, that's for sure...but glad I have neither

I'd rather have the cauliflower ears of an old MMA fighter than the punch-drunk slur of an old boxer, that's for sure...but glad I have neither

Dana White used to claim that boxing is more dangerous because a guy can go down for 8 seconds and stagger back up, and have that happen multiple times in a single fight. MMA is usually over the first time a fighters head hits the canvas.

Didn't watch it, but always nice when Conor loses.

Man, did not see that comin. Dustin looked sluggish honestly. Conor looked sharp and clean that first round. But down he went!

To each their own I guess. The entire cage fighting thing doesn't interest me. I hear some people don't like football... to that I say WTF ?!?!

I really enjoy watching it on a causal basis. But I generally don’t buy the big fights, and it’s hard to actually follow the sport as a whole unless you’re paying for a bunch of content. I think you need to have some understanding of the technical skills and moves the fighters make to really enjoy it. If you’re just watching 2 guys fighting I could see where it wouldn’t be as interesting.

I admit I do enjoy it. One of my brothers wrestled, and knew a couple of guys that got into MMA, so got me started watching it. The strikes make the highlights, but I like watching a really good grappling match with lots of fast paced submission attempts and counters. That is pretty impressive.

Didn’t watch, but it makes me happy when McGregor loses.

I have watched MMA for years and the fighters are incredible athletes imho. My biggest gripe (if this is one) is the lack of ability for a fighter to stay on top. It seems like the belts change waists so fast it can be hard to keep up.

I was really into it 15 years ago. I remember the first time I saw it I was watching a Pride Fighting highlight reel of Wanderlei Silva. I was hooked, and used to go to the bar to watch all the PPVs and bought some myself.

25 years ago there was a beauty to it because it took belief and made it pay rent. We now know that your kung fu is bullshit.

I used to be obsessed with a lot of sports. Football in particular. I can wager a lot of guesses why, but I haven’t watch a football game in years. I recently watched a highlight of John Elway making a drive to win some game. Two of the plays in the drive would have been personal fouls under today’s rules. The heart has been taken out of the game of professional football, and I would really prefer to watch high school football over anything else because it still exists there.

MMA still has heart, and heart is why I watch sports. I also get a satisfaction out of seeing wrestlers dominate most other styles.

It’s an exciting and varied sport, that is still new enough that you are witnessing innovation when you watch it.

Last edited:
I enjoy watching it, but I don’t ever pay for PPV, so it makes it hard to follow. I’m glad to hear McGregor lost.

I grew up playing baseball and football. I still watch some baseball and a lot of football. I’ll be watching both playoff games today.

Draw as is in why do people watch? Bad ass dudes beating the shit out of each other. This has been around longer than you and people have always been attracted to it
Didn't look too interesting to me. Looked like a bunch of hugging. I've seen bad ass dudes beat each other. Usually in a gravel parking lot. Maybe it was just that fight I was watching last night that was boring. Hell, they were barely hitting each other. mtmuley

Back