Yeti GOBOX Collection

Type 2 Fun

Sweet goat and hunt! THat basin is a SOB, I can sympathize with the misery of you packing that thing back up that hill..........

Congrats man!!

Great goat, great photos! Sounds like a lot happens when you leave the trail. I'm guessing your truck has never looked more beautiful to you than that last photo?

I've went on lots of hunts that turned into hikes but never the other way around ..... That's a great way to tell your story love me some pat mcmanus thanks for the laugh congrats

Great write up and love the pictures. Congrats!

Is that the meat on the outside of the pack? What is the reasoning behind having it farther away from your back? Just curious. I'm really interested in a lightweight pack but have some serious doubts.....

OK, I enjoyed that write-up, nice job and nice goat!

Had a few co-workers wondering what the hell I was reading as I kept laughing but screw'm, it was good!

Is that the meat on the outside of the pack? What is the reasoning behind having it farther away from your back? Just curious. I'm really interested in a lightweight pack but have some serious doubts.....

The meat was inside and on top, closest to my shoulders. On the outside was the hide, which is big but not that dense. I did have the hide a bit higher when I started, but it worked it's way down over the trip out. Ideally, I'd put it on top, but there just wasn't any good way to secure it there. Due to the low density, it isn't as poorly balanced as it looks.

It didn't carry too badly, but after a few hours I did kinda miss being able to shrug into that comfy MR yoke. It would be tough to ever go back to using a 10+ lb pack for my uses. The Kifaru Timberline is a nice compromise, I've checked out Stone Glacier and want to carry one for a weekend, and I'm interested to see what MR puts out in the next few years. I expect the available options to only get better.

There are some real compromises with the UL as far as how you can pack it and use it, and it won't have the durability of any of the cordura packs. I can't imagine any other sub 3 lb pack carrying weight like that, though. If you need a big pack, at 5.5 or 6 lb the Kifaru Timberline really doesn't sacrifice much vs a NICE 6500, if the suspension fits you well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back