Yeti GOBOX Collection

Turning tags in?

Summitthunting

Would you return a tag based on environmental conditions or poor antler growth knowing that you would most likely draw the tag the following year? I had two people ask me why I hadn't returned my limited draw deer tag this year due to the lack of snow. I feel that I drew the tag and I have to deal with the current conditions. Here are the regs from CO DOW. What are you're thoughts?

TO APPLY FOR A REFUND OR RESTORATION OF PREFERENCE POINTS:
Complete the necessary information in Section 2. Include LICENSE and CARCASS TAG. Indicate your desire for EITHER a monetary refund OR restoration of preference points by checking ONE (1) box in Section 2. Both will not be awarded. Return Application, License, and Carcass Tag to any Colorado Parks & Wildlife (CPW) service center. If returning by mail, the envelope MUST BE POSTMARKED BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS. Failure to apply for a refund before the opening day of the season for which the license was issued will result in the denial of any refund or preference point reinstatement. Exceptions to this rule must be made within thirty (30) days of the start of the season and are limited to cases pertaining to:

Extreme medical circumstances specific to the licensee (include physician’s signed diagnosis) family member (include copy of death certificate) Death of the licensee or death of the licensee’s immediate.

Members of the U.S. military whose overseas service prevents them from applying for a refund within the required time limit (include copy of military orders)

Requests for refunds or preference point restoration made after the start of the season based on the above circumstances must be submitted to the CPW License Review Officer to be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please submit specific documentation to support the circumstance for consideration of a refund.

If you can turn the tag back I don't have a problem with it. It's your tag, do what you want with it. In Utah, they re issue it to the next guy/gal in line.

I guess if you are ok with forfiting the price of the tag to get your point back i would say go for it. If the DOW has a policy in place for such a thing it should be considered allright to return a tag.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back