PEAX Equipment

Turkey plans?

WildWill

Turkey season is near and I’m getting excited to get back out in the woods. I plan on hunting some private in central OK on the opening weekend then head to a WMA in western OK for 5 more days of chasing gobblers. Probably will sit out the season here at home in SE Oklahoma the eastern turkey in this part of the state have been going down hill bag limits have been reduced to one and season cut in half the last 3-4 years and still no improvement.

What’s everyone’s 2019 spring turkey season plans?

Got 1 month to heal up then the plains of Colorado are calling. My nephew might come out in may and plan on hitting up Kansas for a good time

Just Indiana for me. I really enjoy turkey hunting, although I am a really terrible turkey hunter.

Winter was hard on the birds around my place, probably skip this spring sound home and head to Kansas or Nebraska or both

I am planning on proving recent newspaper stories wrong that were decrying the population slump in Kansas by getting at least one bird with my bow. My second tom will probably come home with me courtesy of a 12 gauge and some #5 hevishot. What will really float my boat however, will be guiding any and all family members who wants to get after it and have some spring adventures with ol' kansasdad.

I’m going to chase birds opening weekend with my shotgun up in the aspens on public land, then try my luck with my long bow on my wife’s families ranch.

Never really hunted turkeys before, but want to try this year. Figure the worst case I'll enjoy two weekends camping, chasing pigs, and scouting for deer. And if a bird gobbles I"m turkey hunting.

Drew a controlled hunt in the treasure valley. Gonna actually hunt intentionally this year, instead of just being outside in the spring and carrying a gun.

Kansas for the first 3 days of the season there. Then I have access to a couple thousand acres in NY, and lots of land in Vt.

Reactions: LCH
I’ll be staying around home this year chasing birds as I have a wife that’s set to have son#2 next week, and a 2.5 year old that keeps asking to go turkey hunting with me. Should be interesting with him in the blind.

Hopefully next year I can get out to Kansas for their early archery season.

Reactions: LCH
Gonna try for an eastern Oklahoma trifecta. Okmulgee, Okfuskee, and either Mcintosh or Creek Counties have a one bird per county limit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back