Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Turkey mouth calls

Djfan

I picked up a few mouth turkey calls at a place closing it's doors, for 70% off. I tried them and they tickled the heck out of the roof of my mouth. I tried moving it, adjusting it, etc. What's the trick here?

Thanks

I’m sure that’s why they make calls with the dome, my only other suggestion would be a little tighter pressure.. some calls just work better than others for every person

Sometimes the tape can be a bit stiff. Once it gets broken in they can be a bit more comfortable. Try softening the edges.

Also, my mouth prefers some brands/models over others. Good luck.

Has anyone tried the Woodhaven Pure Turkey 3 Pack? I've been using a Woodhaven Red Wasp for the past two years and have had a ton of success with it, but I'm thinking about getting the 3 pack to be able to do a little more, like kee kee run and fly down cackle.
I use a red wasp lately since it’s the only one that held up all last season. That says something in itself to me. I will say it’s way stiffer and a little harder to blow than some other mouth calls. It does make really good yelps and purrs and even gobbles but I feel like it’s hard to get a crisp yet soft yelp. It can be a loud and effective call in big woods. If you try the other products in the 3 pack, let me know what you think!!

Back