Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just trying to understand if you think we are or are not in a Great Depression.

Just trying to understand if you think we are or are not in a Great Depression.

You're taking my statement out of context. Perhaps I could have worded it better, but if you read what came before it, it might make more sense:

"with the economy continuing to spiral out of control as it would have with Hillary as president, public lands would be the least of our worries. In fact with the country in another Great Depression, it seems to me that our public lands would be at a much greater risk than with a Trump presidency and a thriving economy."

So what I'm saying, is that with Hillary as president we'd likely end up in a situation as bad or worse as the Great Depression.

I'm just trying to understand if you guys, and you know who you are, are trying to categorize Obama's folly as a stunning recovery. Apparently the representative republic sees it otherwise.

Washington Hunter has ruined about every political thread on this board. If you want to engage him you might as well get it locked now.

Washington Hunter has ruined about every political thread on this board. If you want to engage him you might as well get it locked now.

LOL. Really? I don't even post on here very often. How have I "ruined" every political thread? By not accepting the statements made that Trump is "terrible" and that he has absolutely zero chance of winning the election?

I'm just trying to understand if you guys, and you know who you are, are trying to categorize Obama's folly as a stunning recovery. Apparently the representative republic sees it otherwise.

I would call the recovery significant. The fall was great, but because of actions taken by two administrations and the Fed we were able to recover much faster than in the 30's (not to mention not fall as far). I believe there were some smart choices made by this Administration in terms of economic recovery, however I do feel that without a rise in wages (stagnant since the 70's) there will always be a missing piece to strong growth.

Here in Silly Valley the recovery has been robust, I know it isn't that way for everyone though. I have concerns about the looming slow down and when that will occur. Hopefully the next Administration stays connected to what is going on out here.

Some won't be happy until it is raining 100 bills, but it's probably as good as could be reasonably expected. He exceeded Romney's goals for unemployment.

This thread continues to spiral out of control. My fear is that an argument is imminent if we continue to feed the trolls. Leading to a great amount of depression.
You boys are being lead with a long rope:eek:

Some won't be happy until it is raining 100 bills, but it's probably as good as could be reasonably expected. He exceeded Romney's goals for unemployment.

Ah yes, glad you broached the fuzzy math issue. I'm sure we go back to regular math now. "Trump Doubles Unemployed" Wait for it.

A couple days ago I started watching the Electoral College and internal Republican schism issues.

The Electoral College votes on Dec. 19th. Officially, Trump is not the elected president until the College votes for him and the vote is recorded.

There was a petition created a couple days ago at Change.org for the Electoral College to vote against Trump. It is almost up to 4.5 million signatures. Then today an article ran that within the Electoral College, there is a discussion of altering the votes - http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/electoral-college-effort-stop-trump-231350.

On the 11th, an article ran that Allan Lichtman, a history professor that has accurately predicted 30 years of presidential elections and predicted a Trump win, also predicted a Trump impeachment bu a Republican Congress because they can't trust and control him, also, his vindictiveness in targeting moderate Republicans that would not support him. Lichtman speculated an impeachment would stem from Trump "doing something that endangers national security or because it helps his pocketbook". Trump's campaign has stated, very Mccarthyism style, they would be going after those they felt betrayed him (them).

Add to that, the people Trump is using for his transition team (+ his kids), including Trump himself, are getting a rude awakening as to what exactly it takes to run the White House (not to mention the US and it's part in the world)..

On the economic level, other countries are already threatening embargos and trade sanctions against the US if Trump's campaign threats are actually followed through on, which, according to some of his recent statements, he might already be back peddling on. China Threatens to Cut iPhone Sales Over Trump Rhetoric, "China will take a tit-for-tat approach then,” the Global Times threatens in its editorial. “A batch of Boeing orders will be replaced by Airbus. U.S. auto and iPhone sales in China will suffer a setback, and U.S. soybean and maize imports will be halted. China can also limit the number of Chinese students studying in the U.S.”

Was just talking with a conservation hunting friend, who got into a political conversation at a funeral. He was lamenting the loss of our MT State Land Board and what would happen. The other guy voted for Trump, yet believes in public lands and access. The horrified Trump voter asked who elected our land board? My friend asked who he voted for those 5 state positions? The Trump voter voted straight party Republican. My friend told him that he just voted all those public land threatening land board candidates in! The Trump voter had no idea what he just did. I am starting to think that if we have to take a driver license test to drive, people should not be allowed to vote unless they can pass a basic civics test, including the frickin candidates.

This wasn't just a regular election and I think for some that have been in self imposed bubbles, many people are starting to have those Matrix Red Pill/Blue Pill moments of what the hell is really going on and what is at stake.

This thread continues to spiral out of control. My fear is that an argument is imminent if we continue to feed the trolls. Leading to a great amount of depression.
You boys are being lead with a long rope:eek:

How is it out of control?

Washington hunter by a continuation of Obamas "failed" policies do you mean government healthcare...which Trump has embraced? How about student loan forgiveness and the government paying off the debt? Which trump just embraced and is even left of Obama on? The government paying to rebuild our infastructure? Which was Bernies idea. So he's adopting all the liberal policies that will cost us a shit ton of money, cutting taxes which will increase the deficit, and then appointing oil and gas executives to take care of our public lands, and politician insiders as the rest of his team. Sounds to me like a complete change that will cost more and screw me over worse. On top of that he just put in a racist, disgusting POS as a major advisor.

False. He's never killed anybody, she let four Americans die in Benghazi... But continue
Go watch some more Fox News, and even turn on Alex Jones I can see faces are irrelevant to you. Anyone with half a brain knows what you just said is an oversimplification of what happened, but you would rather listen to talking heads on one side of the isle that feed you full of rhetoric you want to hear instead of full factual evidence of what is actually true. Clinton is a liar, corrupt, and terrible for many reasons, but Trump is just as bad. Trump just said the Clintons are very nice people and he doesn't want to hurt them and has talked highly of Clinton since he was elected.....but Trump is just so much better right? Seems what Clinton has done is pretty irrelevant to him now. But he didn't just tell you what you wanted to get elected did he?

Last edited:
. I am starting to think that if we have to take a driver license test to drive, people should not be allowed to vote unless they can pass a basic civics test, including the frickin candidates.

I have thought this forever. The founders understood that having an educated electorate was very important. The right to vote is very important, but voting is a very large responsibility and for our country to prosper we need an educated populous.
I always see everyone talk about how it should be easy to vote...BS. It should be harder. I'm not saying you should know the middle name of the son-in-law of the leader of Romania, but if you cant say what the 1st amendment is about, which 2016 presidential candidate is married to a former president, who Joe Biden is, or whether Hawaii is a state or continent, you have no business deciding the next leader of the free world.
This of course would require both major parties to focus on issues and stop pandering to the very large low information demographic. Another positive.

Go watch some more Fox News, and even turn on Alex Jones I can see faces are irrelevant to you. Anyone with half a brain knows what you just said is an oversimplification of what happened, but you would rather listen to talking heads on one side of the isle that feed you full of rhetoric you want to hear instead of full factual evidence of what is actually true. Clinton is a liar, corrupt, and terrible for many reasons, but Trump is just as bad.

She did let four Americans die in Benghazi. That's not a conspiracy theory, thats a fact.
Much like the many things posted by wikileaks, whom has never been incorrect, were facts - not conspiracy theories.
Leftists living in echo chambers cost them the election.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back