PEAX Equipment

Truckers in DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I appreciate the sentiment, and the right to protest whatever grievances one may have, one must look at the logistics of this “copy cat” protest. For crying out loud. Mandates were being rolled back before they even put in their first tank of 5.00 fuel. Good for them for standing up for what they think is right, but yeah. A dollar short and a day late was a great way to classify this one.
Very convenient that mandates are going to magically disappear before the mid-terms.

As a Canadian born, now US citizen, i was disgusted at how Trudeau handled things. 100% dictator. Canada is not what it used to be.

Neither are the people who didn’t support the peaceful protests. Oh, sorry you don’t like peaceful protests? Move to China because apparently you don’t support freedom. 🇨🇦 🇺🇸

While I appreciate the sentiment, and the right to protest whatever grievances one may have, one must look at the logistics of this “copy cat” protest. For crying out loud. Mandates were being rolled back before they even put in their first tank of 5.00 fuel. Good for them for standing up for what they think is right, but yeah. A dollar short and a day late was a great way to classify this one.
SOME municipal mandates have been eased. There are still many, many people who lost their jobs due to this stupidity. I have friends in the military who were booted out just a few years from retirement... and forced to pay back GI bill $, along with a general discharge. Pure insanity. The question isn't how many mandates are left, but when will they enforce unconstitutional mandates again? How much gov control and overreach are you willing to accept? Just look at the economy, the people who lost their jobs, the number of businesses bankrupted by this overreach and capitolized "pandemic".

Right. Everyone has the right to make other people sick. Truckers don't have the "freedom" to drive drunk or race through school zones. If they can't see well enough, they lose their commercial drivers license. If they are convicted of vaccinating themselves with recreation narcotics, they lose their commercial drivers license. Why? Because those personal choices put others at risk. But somehow these professional travelers should be allowed to go about their business without masks or vaccinations if they choose? That's a risk everyone else is supposed to accept because those morons choose to be ignorant?

I fault Trudeau with acting too slow. The Conservative premier of Ontario was the one who finally stepped up to the plate and said he'd invalidate their drivers licenses and their license plates and fine them $100K (easy to enforce when $300K big rig is impounded). Trudeau simply followed Ford's lead. Finally!

I suppose some of you "protest" sympathizers would have felt differently if you lived in Ottawa and had to listen to truck horns honking all night for weeks on end. Or you couldn't get to work because the streets were blocked by this foolishness. We're running over 80% vaccinated here. I would not be surprised if the majority of those crackpot protesters were already vaxed. Damn shame the govt couldn't release that info re the ones that got arrested. It was no protest, just a bunch of loser shit disturbers putting on a show for attention.

Last edited:
Right. Everyone has the right to make other people sick. Truckers don't have the "freedom" to drive drunk or race through school zones. If they can't see well enough, they lose their commercial drivers license. If they are convicted of vaccinating themselves with recreation narcotics, they lose their commercial drivers license. Why? Because those personal choices put others at risk. But somehow these professional travelers should be allowed to go about their business without masks or vaccinations if they choose? That's a risk everyone else is supposed to accept because those morons choose to be ignorant?

I fault Trudeau with acting too slow. The Conservative premier of Ontario was the one who finally stepped up to the plate and said he'd invalidate their drivers licenses and their license plates and fine them $100K (easy to enforce when $300K big rig is impounded). Trudeau simply followed Ford's lead. Finally!

I suppose some of you "protest" sympathizers would have felt differently if you lived in Ottawa and had to listen to truck horns honking all night for weeks on end. Or you couldn't get to work because the streets were blocked by this foolishness. We're running over 80% vaccinated here. I would not be surprised if the majority of those crackpot protesters were already vaxed. Damn shame the govt couldn't release that info re the ones that got arrested. It was no protest, just a bunch of loser shit disturbers putting on a show for attention.
A lot of what you’re saying makes sense if the vaccine was able to stop the contraction and transmission of the virus. But it doesn’t. It improves the outcome for the recipient of the vaccine.
This makes it a personal, not a public matter.
I don’t want a trucker to die from covid but if they are given the information and choose not to get vaccinated, even though many of them are in high risk groups, that’s their choice. It doesn’t affect me or you beyond adding a bit more to the supply chain crunch.

It’s weird when you’re working 60-70hrs a week as a trucker and everyone’s like
“this piece of shit moron” but when you’re a drunk/smoked out lift operator doing nothing everyone’s like
“thank you. You’re the most important person on the mountain.”

To be honest I haven't followed it at all. But if they want to protest they have the right. Why should they be any different than anyone else who wants to stand up for what they think is right. There doing it peacefully (at least to my knowledge like I said I have zero info on this. But guessing if it wasn't peaceful it would be well known) I mean have they killed anyone or destroyed anyone's belongings or livelihoods? Serious question I have no idea.
Understood, but the trucking industry is probably close to the worst as far as staffing, I'm sure most of these trucks went on this joyride empty.

If you look at the death rates from covid, it is undeniable that Canada fared better than did the USA.

Presently the USA has roughly 3000deaths/ million people. Canada is something around 900 deaths/million people. That does not happen by chance.

If the the USA had done as well as Canada in managing the virus there would be over a half million more people walking around today.

There are countries that fared far better than Canada. I'm of Norwegian heritage. The death rate from Covid there is 1/10 of the the death rate in the USA.

It puzzles me that some people are so self absorbed they can't inconvenience themselves for the benefit of their fellow human.

These people will be replaced by self driving trucks in the near future.
Define near future.
You really believe that 3ish million people are just gonna be out of a job in the “near future”
You familiar with auto steer on tractors?
That’s been out for at least 10 years and you do realize that there still has to be someone in the cab to turn it around and make sure it doesn’t blow out the end of the field, right?

Those “losers” showed The world how you have no freedom. Takes a brave person to stand up against the government, yet it takes a coward to slam a person from behind a Computer screen. I wonder if you would call those guys “losers “to their face. Did it also bother you how they were singing oh Canada and waving Canadian flags?

I’m proud of those truckers. I’m disappointed with the Canadian government. Trudeau immediately went into hiding, claiming that he had Covid. Never once did he talk to these people, but called in a parliament meeting these people Nazis. then froze peoples Bank accounts, even if they weren’t there protesting but contributing to the protest. Yep, great leader.

I’m also disappointed with people that just willingly turn over all their free will to the government. Bunch of sheep.

PS, vaccines aren’t as effective as you think they are. So to each their own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back