MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Truck Organization

Really like the look of the mud river organizer. Anybody know if it would fit on the back seat of a ram with the backseat flipped up and the fold out floor down?
the lowest gun sleeve zips off on mine if you want it to. I have it in a tundra but use all the sleeves.

Just bought a used ARE for 800. Could have rolled with the white color but opted for a color match so that was 600. Better than the 22 to 23 hundred i was quoted with 6 six week lead time for a new one. Already did a quick overnighter and it works perfect. The only issue i have is needing a solution to mitigate the dust that's getting in. I live on a gravel road. Any ideas for that would be great!

1st thing I did was ad a foam seal to tail gate and foil tape to all the holes in bed. helped the dust issue a lot. In 2007 an ARE canopy with color match paint cost $1050. For my 8' bed Dodge.

Head to home depot and look at their stacking tool boxes. I've used both the Rigid and Milwaukee ones and they're both nice. The Milwaukee are thin enough that they fit behind my back seat in the truck. Between those and some fabric roll type tool bags I fit everything I need under and behind the seats for my normal truck gear.

I am a naturally disorganized person, and I am in a constant battle to prevent the back seat of my truck from turning into a bottomless pit of despair, which it always does.

What do you more organized people do for storing gear and smaller odds and ends in your vehicle? I’ll get a topper eventually, but in the meantime I’d rather not spend $10,000 plus on a topper, decked drawers, roof top tent, etc. Right now I’m looking at the Mud River backseat organizer, but anything would be better than the current mess.

View attachment 184062
I saw DIY video of a guy who made a drawer with slides for under the back seat of his F150. It’s Not big but good for a lot of misc stuff. Personally, I have a diamondback with a tool box and I put milk crates under it with straps, ropes, seldom used tools etc. I also put one of those divider things in my center console to organize all the little thing like lights, tools, pens, Batteries and other misc stuff because the console is so cavernous. It’s really simple and makes a huge difference.

Topper is great hard one to swallow but i love having mine. Especially when it comes to duck season and throwing a wet muddy dog back there on way home. If your backseat flips up and room under it consider just framing it in with some small dimensional wood and real thin sheeting. helps keep things from rolling out. I had scrape wood laying around so was free for me may be cheaper to buy a tot option with wood these days. I couldn't even consider the decked system way to pricey for me. lots of tutorials online for building your own. lots of different size bins on amazon though for a lot cheaper.

I have to second the plastic bin that fit under the rear seat in the newer trucks as it seems to keep a lot of little things in a small area and easy to find when you need them. can't go wrong with using one.

I can't live without a topper to keep things locked up and dry on all of the road trips we do. Last two have been ARE brand with no complaints. Just picked up a new Silverado and went to my ARE dealer to order one. He wanted $3,000 and said 12 weeks delivery. Talked to a buddy who had recently bought one, went to his guy and just ordered a news Jason brand fiberglass, paint matched topper for under $1900, 5-6 week delivery.

Meanwhile, life sucks without a topper and a wide open truck bed. Thankfully I got the crew cab and there's a lot of room in back seats.

I have an F150, and just have an organizer bin designed to fit under the back seat. I carry a lot of stuff (simple tools, PPE, first aid, extra water, tire kit, jumper cables, air compressor, rain jacket, flashlights, etc), and everything I need on a daily basis fits there or tucked under the front seat. The only thing I wish I had room for is my tow strap, but I typically don't need that unless I know I'm headed into a sketchy area. Obviously, if I'm going on a long distance trip, or to a specific area I might add to that.

The worst part about the car seats is you cant fold up the rear seat to see anything. So I just shove stuff under there for it to be lost until some teen on their phone pulls out in front of me and I have to hit the brakes so stuff comes flying out from under the seat that I have been looking for for the last 4 weeks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back