MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

trojan horse

Not mine. I am writing in Wyominglionhunter.

or Big Fin

I believe, regardless of party , they (politicians ) all live in a Trojan horse, to some degree. As to last night I think O Rourke had to do something to stay in the hunt . That group will go left to get the nomination and then move back toward the center to get elected. I agree with Ben Lamb, guns are a very important issue to me, but so are many other issues

True. But do we as citizens of the United States right now deserve better?

We only get what we deserve. Americans have hoodwinked themselves into a two party system that only attracts the self-serving into the arena of politics. Till we change that we will keep getting the same ilk.

BuzzH

I am peddling as fast as I can, but things are changing faster than I can peddle . lol the changes I dont agree with, I attempt to show a different side or solution to, but it seems, more than ever before, we have a large number of folks who's slogan could or should be "dont confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up" Some even prefer to yell and destroy property than to have a conversation. I lived through the 60's , but find some, certainly not all, are even further off the reservation than they were back then. Just my opinion, which with a nickel will buy you absolutely nothing

Ben Lamb, Yes, if you notice in my first post I listed a few items that are, or should be important to us, not just guns. I will readily admit I wanted someone in office who would appoint more conservative justices. Put even that has become so toxic that you better also have a majority in the Senate . But you are correct. We have mainstream journalist who are openly hoping for a recession before Nov. 2020, but I digress

April,

I was being facetious. My apologies. That's the standard response that the gun voters give when they are reminded that the GOP position on our unifying force here - DIY public land hunting - is to sell off our public lands and eliminate the entire reason we congregate, the reason for Randy's platforms, and his show.

The truth is, I'm not a fan of the left's idea of gun control, and I'm certainly not a fan of the right's. Both sides suffer from a case of identifying the problem correctly, then blowing the policies that would result in the outcomes everyone wants - reduced gun violence.

As for conservative judges - I don't want judges that are conservative or liberal. I want judges that rule based on the context of the constitution, and our laws. That's not partisan, and now we have a slate of highly unqualified people in lifetime appointments because one party understands that their days in power are numbered, so they're trying to stack the benches. That's antithetical to the American experiment.

Regardless, the extreme position from gun advocates is the reason we're going to lose the current freedoms on firearms we have now. If it's more important to gun advocates to keep a 100 round magazine than it is to try and ensure their neighbor's kid doesn't get shot up, then gun owners will get what they deserve.

And we're not going to solve the issue here, because people will only advocate their position, and only listen to respond, not actually have a dialogue.

So, from now on, the second amendment isn't an issue I'm going to consider when choosing candidates. And there hundreds of thousands of people like me, who love firearms & hunting, who will vote the same way.

good luck guys, we have the same problems up here, just different last names.

However, I am another who believes "political correctness" or at least a lot of it is BS

Literally, sure, but things that are the least adaptable and most resistant to change die even sooner...both figuratively and literally.
Sometimes by sticking to the wrong adaptations things adapt themselves into nonexistence.

The scales go left an right and up and down and where she is the day after the election No one knows. All these topics and the risks of cash and security in so many different ways.
I personally do really value the freedom of being able to own & shoot 100 rounds even though I don't do it often. It is a factor in how I vote.
Government workers most likely can overlook loosing some gun rights over time for the prospects of keeping the job and pension in good order.
The Green Capitalists & Green Contractors can overlook loosing some gun rights also as they know the investment will pay great dividends when the left is in power with cheap loans and government guarantees and tax breaks.

Ben, I think you would be surprised how many many non hunters and non sportsman are weighing in on the gun rights issue at election time.

I really think it is a larger factor than most want to believe. As far as accepting loosing right to own magazine sizes etc> soon some of these global warming theorists will want to limit the size of tires on my truck or limit the gallons of fuel I can buy a year or the miles I can drive or fly > thats about as far out there/crazy as believing the magazine size or color of a gun is a contributing factor to gun violence as my mpg is to the global warming theory.

As far as this board we are worried about the unthinkable that the right might be planning as far as land transfer/sale and the lack of conservation the right needs to fuel the machine. Why isn't the left telling the american public about the evil land transfer the right is planning??
Why? I know there are politicians on here. Wouldn't that be another lever the left could use? Why doesn't the left expose the land transfer secret of the right?

I'm not a single issue voter, and there are things that are as, or more important to me than guns. That being said, if a presidential candidate says that they intend to confiscate legally purchased firearms from Americans who committed no crime, I will not vote for them regardless of their other positions, or who they are running against. That's a bridge too far for me.

Sadly both Republican and Democrat parties have replaced nuance with sound bite positions to provoke a Pavelovian response from their supporters.
Everyone picks their man from the priority they place on the issues they care about and how well they perceive their candidate can affect the issues and then tries to minimize the glaring inconsistencies or flat out wrong positions the same candidate or party has on other issues.

Neither party has the ability to change the natural and logical consequences of a society that has ceased to think and act in harmony with God’s design for mankind.

This is the new normal. Expect continued senseless violence and erosion of personal freedom as society demands its government protect them from the products of their worldview and frustrated leaders respond in the only way they know how.

The consonant behind the party name only indicates how fast the inevitable progresses.
Well said Gerald 👍🏻

Things that don't adapt and change...die.
So Americans adapt to the fact that there are homosexual Americans. Fair enough. But then we are hit with LGTBQ. Whoa. I’ve lived 50 years and am educated and I’ve never heard of LGTBQ, much less realized that I need to give it full rights and protection under the law.
Are you adapting to federal land being sold off? Hell no. You’re fighting tooth and nail, as you should based on your core beliefs.

So Americans adapt to the fact that there are homosexual Americans. Fair enough. But then we are hit with LGTBQ. Whoa. I’ve lived 50 years and am educated and I’ve never heard of LGTBQ, much less realized that I need to give it full rights and protection under the law.
Are you adapting to federal land being sold off? Hell no. You’re fighting tooth and nail, as you should based on your core beliefs.
I only have one question..... I get the other letters but what is Q????????

ok , two questions... why don't they support the rights of N (normals)???

Dirtclod, this conversation started among "expats" in a restaurant/tavern and got pretty heated. I was curious as to the thinking of the gentlemen on the forum as it is a more diverse group ( as opposed to all old and retired folks, which was the make up of the group in the restaurant )

Several have ask me about Ben Lamb's comment in reference to my comment, about conservative judges. Of course he is correct and I agree with him, in a perfect world. But Jimmy Carter changed all that by sending 15 liberal judges to the 9th, which has had a tendency to write law from the bench. I dont believe laws should be written from the bench. I believe the courts job is to interrupt the current law on the books. However, liberals complain about the 5th District, as being too conservative because they wont deviate from what the laws, on the books, are. It should be noted that Trump has appointed several judges to the 9th and it ( the 9th ) has surprised some with a couple of its current rulings.

As to my misunderstanding Ben's first post---it happens all the time, I am old! He is kind enough to understand that and was very kind in clearing that up for me. Some thought I was being sarcastic with my follow up post---I was not

Thanks to all for their contribution on the thread

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back