Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Tourists...

I'm beginning to wonder if these excessively overcrowded open field zoos are luring "tourists" to capture recordings of homo sapien gene degradation opportunities.
The modern day National Park paparazzi of Human stupidity.

Vehicles stop middle of highway... phones come out hoping to capture retard #1 with hopes for some top $ repeat.

I'm beginning to wonder if these excessively overcrowded open field zoos are luring "tourists" to capture recordings of homo sapien gene degradation opportunities.
The modern day National Park paparazzi of Human stupidity.

Vehicles stop middle of highway... phones come out hoping to capture retard #1 with hopes for some top $ repeat.

"Survival of the fittest" seems to be going to way of the dodo...

Back "in the day" our fraternity at MSU owned a 1917 White retired YNP touring bus which we young tourists drove all over SW Montana, but typically to Old Faithful. For safety concerns, the designated driver was allowed only one adult beverage per half hour and only for esprit de corps prescriptive purpose.

thumbnail (1).jpgthumbnail.jpg
BTW, statute of limitations has long ago expired.

That's awesome @Straight Arrow ! Haha!
We did something similar with my '65 scout! Hard top off... 4 of us ruffians toured the National Parks and visited a few IH festivals.
I can neither confirm nor deny alcoholic beverages during our tours. I eh, don't recall.

Now your frat's mobile is a crown photo op for National Parks - Haha! Memories of our yester-years.

My favorite Yellowstone hack is to sit at Old Faithful and wait for that impressive pre-eruption display, right before it really goes off. When that first one dies down, say loudly, well, that was it. Pretty cool, huh! Then start to walk off the board walk. Had about 45 people follow me one year.
One time the tourist boys took an old steering column with wheel to Old Faithful. They stuck it in the sand near the boardwalk and as eruption began, they yelled, "Let 'er rip!" and turned the steering wheel counter clockwise. The observing ranger adamantly suggested that they load the bus and depart!

Back "in the day" our fraternity at MSU owned a 1917 White retired YNP touring bus which we young tourists drove all over SW Montana, but typically to Old Faithful. For safety concerns, the designated driver was allowed only one adult beverage per half hour and only for esprit de corps prescriptive purpose.

View attachment 189848View attachment 189849
BTW, statute of limitations has long ago expired.
A scenic picture of the Galtian Valley and not a house in sight.:love:

My favorite Yellowstone hack
I saw what I thought was a black bear on a ridge between Mammoth and Tower last week and pulled over (yes, on a pullout) to get my binocs on it.

in the 10 seconds it took to discern that it was, in fact, a ’stump behind wavy leaves on a bush’, 3 cars pulled in behind me.

My wife and son started egging me on the rest of the drive to just pull over and start looking at stuff. I may or may not have done it (allegedly) twice. It’s my new favorite sport.

"Survival of the fittest" seems to be going to way of the dodo...
When everything is covered in lawyer-mandated warning labels for the purpose of "idiot proofing" a product and protecting people from their own stupidity, we just end up with bigger idiots.

I saw what I thought was a black bear on a ridge between Mammoth and Tower last week and pulled over (yes, on a pullout) to get my binocs on it.

in the 10 seconds it took to discern that it was, in fact, a ’stump behind wavy leaves on a bush’, 3 cars pulled in behind me.

My wife and son started egging me on the rest of the drive to just pull over and start looking at stuff. I may or may not have done it (allegedly) twice. It’s my new favorite sport.

Been there, done that, cleared the road for 20 minutes. #localsrule

Ah...tourists! As the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally revs up, there are reminders everywhere to not mess with the bison due to the tourist in the video below. I am sure it was posted last year when it happened but still a good reminder. When the tourists do this and you are on a motorcycle, it can be unnerving.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back