NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Toastmasters

The Hedgehog

Anybody ever been in Toastmasters? If so, how long did you stay in and was it helpful?

I was in it while in College in Bozeman. I thought I needed to brush up on my public speaking skills. Yes it helped, I was in it for two years. Lots of older, nerdy type people but it help me with public speaking.

Nemont

I did it for a year. It did help, but I plan to sign back up for it soon. Are you running for public office or something?

I joined recently and gave my first speech today. Just trying to improve on giving presentations.

Who would have thought they had that kinda competition. Buckmasters, Bassmasters, and now TOAST MASTERS!!?? My wife makes pretty good toast, but I don't know if she is ready for the tournament trail yet.

Whiskers, Greenhorn is usually a kidder but I think he's taking this serious !!!! I know when I was hunting with him he made one Hell-ova toast for breakfast, I knew he would soon join the master toasters. Just like when we went fishing he was good at baiting......... :D

I can See greeny sitting in a Chair looking in a mirror. I am a special person, I'm fun loving, And Gosh darn it ... people like me !!!!

Moosie said:
I went to Weight watchers once.. is it the same thing ?

Nope...one requires you to open your mouth, the other requires you to keep it shut. Based on your latest pics, I'd say you'd do a better job at TM rather than WW. :p

I just went to AA meetings to polish my public speaking skills. (That one was for Buzz, Hose-B and It.) :D

Greeny, Go for it, Public Speaking is not for everyone, I love speaking to groups about the Oil and Gas Industry. I have seen grown men sweat and nearly faint as their time comes to stand behind a podium. If it does'nt kill ya, it'll probably do something else!!! John

Greeny, I have several associates who've done toastmasters. Have seen them speak publicly before & after. A marked difference.

..or go the Moosie bullchitmasters route...just as effective. :D

Well, now there is science behind the, "you need to get laid" phrase. . . I wounder what that study cost?

I thought it was some kind of breakfast blub where guys made cinnamon toast and crap like that. Kind of like a brewmaster that makes beer.
Greeny, you have to make lots of public speaches?

people getting tired of the pull your shirt up over your head Beavis style speech technique?

Ovis..... OHHH dang !!!!!!

Hey Greeny, I jsut got an Email :

Oscar,

I read in the Statesman a month or so ago an article written by you and/or your partner regarding building and growing into hunting areas and impacting the natural habitats and hunting grounds. I know that isn't exactly what it was about, but I'm at work and the article is at home and my memory is poor.

Anyway, I was wondering if you might be willing to give to a group of Civil Engineers in March (the 23rd I believe). About a 20 min. presentation over the lunch hour.

Looks like Moosie might need to Eat more toast and Have more Se{} before March 23rd !!!!!!!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back