Tires....again.

I have had very good luck and put about 700,000 or more miles on Bf Goodrich AT's . Currently running Toyos AT and they are not wearing good at all, They will not go 50,000. I have had sets of the Bf Goodrich's that I got over 60,000 on.
I stand corrected as the Toyos are at 59,000 miles now. I still like the Bf TA Ko better

I just put a set of Toyo open country A/T on my Silverado, really like them so far. First time I've had a set of Toyo, so far so good.

I've said it before, tread life is at the bottom of my list of tire requirements. mtmuley
^^ditto this

I laugh like a little school girl every time I see an SUV or pickup truck from suburbia with really expensive off road tires on them, knowing dam well that vehicle never goes off road, it's so freakin ironic & funny to me. :LOL:

My son just put some new Pathfinder tires on the '97 I gave him to replace a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers that had about 45k miles and a little over 6 years on them.
The Nitto's did very well for an A/T in mud and snow during our late season elk hunts. Tread pattern of the new tires is very similar so we'll see how they do.
part0 (3).jpg0629201704-00.jpg

...ouch.
Just got the Coopers on.They were pricey,but not the most expensive.
I paid less for several vehicles. LOL
Anyway they ride more like a TRUCK tire and are pretty smooth on my local gravel roads. Dry. More noise than others I've had,but not as bad as some.
Snow on the way so there's that test,followed by the mud.

...ouch.
Just got the Coopers on.They were pricey,but not the most expensive.
I paid less for several vehicles. LOL
Anyway they ride more like a TRUCK tire and are pretty smooth on my local gravel roads. Dry. More noise than others I've had,but not as bad as some.
Snow on the way so there's that test,followed by the mud.
You'll love em. mtmuley

Big fan of BFG AT. Best tire I have ever had. All I care about is traction in mud and snow. Anything else doesn’t require much of a tire. This tire is the best at these and goes +40k with ability, longer if you just run in summer, if you forgo the snowflake rating. I have run other tires but always go back to this tire and wonder why I tried another. Others are quieter or go longer but BFG AT gets my vote for what we are talking about here.

The Cooper ST Max work great in deep powder, fresh graded muddy road & ice on the hwy,so far. Cool.

Spring thaw on a FS road thru the Apache forest Sat. Rutted,muddy,rocky,ice packed in spots,a road you usually can't drive this early and I never even put it in 4x.
Love the Cooper st max's!

So I finally broke down and replaced the duracraps I had, went with Nitto ridge grapplers. Hopefully I can get more than 30k out of them, cause that's what I got out of the duracraps, even with rotations.

Attachments

• IMG-7262.jpg
    IMG-7262.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 8
Based on my experiences, if you’re expecting more than 30-35k out of any off road type tire in that Dodge Cummins, you’re drunk.

I put a set of Falkens on 2 years ago. Been really good so far. Not quite the bite on icey pavement the duratracs had, but close. They are significantly cheaper, much quieter, better rolling resistance, better on really wet hwys, and look to be better treadlife.

I went from a 33" duratrac to a 35" Falken of basically the same width and my gas mileage went up.

I'd buy Cooper STT pros if I needed real offroad tires and if elk weren't so far away.

Based on my experiences, if you’re expecting more than 30-35k out of any off road type tire in that Dodge Cummins, you’re drunk.
My last set of tires on my Cummins were Toyo MT's, when I swapped out for the duracraps, I had almost 50k out of them and they probably would've last another 10k. I wanted to go back to them, or the Toyo RT's, but both are on national back order, and the guy at Discount tire said it could be months before they could get me a set, so he recommended the Nitto's, and said I could expect 40k-50k out of them. I don't have any experience with them, but we'll see how long they last and how they do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back