Hercules and IronMan Tires...yes more tire questions

MThuntr

Anyone have experience with Hercules Terra Tac AT X-Venture tires or IronMan All Country AT?

Looking at a set of 10ply in 275/55R20 (yes a nightmare of a size). Hercules are apparently made by Cooper in the US for Hercules brand. They have a 60k warranty but are about $50 per tire less than Cooper AT3. I'm really interested in these and was quoted $285 mounted with road hazard

Also saw that Hercules owns IronMan Tires All Country A/T (made at different factories around the world) which are nearly $100 less per tire than the Hercules at $176 which would be fantastic to have for less than $200 per tire though I don't think road hazard was offered for this quote.

I've been a fan of my Nitto Ridge Grapplers have treated me well with over 57k miles but they don't do great on snow or very wet roads. Researching options since tires have doubled in cost since my last set.

Had 2 sets of Ironman tires. They’re hard rubber, laud and not much grip. They’re called Ironman because when you pull off the pavement you’re gonna be hanging on them man.

Had 2 sets of Ironman tires. They’re hard rubber, laud and not much grip. They’re called Ironman because when you pull off the pavement you’re gonna be hanging on them man.
I noticed some guys mention they're pretty hard rubber which might be helpful for highway guys. I'm leaning to the Hercules especially for an American made tire that has a good warranty.

FYI Les Schwab in Dillon quoted me $1950 for their Cooper made tires and they are the next size bigger (285/65R20). Most places are $1400-1600 for name brand but damn those guys shoot for the moon.

Have you looked at moving to a 275/60 tire, minimal height increase but there‘s a ton of choices in that size.
Also,unless thats a typo, 285 65 is a much larger height tire than you’re currently running and probably won’t fit.

I have the Ironman AT tires on my 89' Dodge W100. 31-10.50x15.

I only put about 5,000 miles a year on the truck & being in central PA, I have learned to switch to snow tires in the winter.

The Ironmans were inexpensive.
I learned to play with the air pressures with them. I'm usually empty, as most pickups are most of the time, so even though the truck calls for 35psi front & rear, dropping the rear to 30psi helps for even wear and also grip in the rain.

For mud, & trails, they do surprisingly well!

For snow, get snow tires!!!
Even a coating on the road leaves you skating around, even in 4wd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back