Tire Chains

CiK

Not sure if this is "fireside" worthy, but I am in need of tire chains for a tire size of 285/75r16. Is there a certain brand of tire chains to look for?

Tony

I use the v bar style . Can't think of the name of them . I run them on the Front and Back on my 2006 Chevy 3500 when it gets real bad out . They are amazing !!
Must have when hunting in the late fall in the Mountains!

I have 285 16 on my rig !

I'm looking for a pair of chains as well and am in the process of learning about all the different types. I believe I'm going to get a set of V-bars as well with cam tighteners. They seem pretty easy to get on and off.

https://www.etrailer.com//

This site might help you find what type and size you need, OP. Make sure you check your trucks owners manual. I found that on my 1500, I can only use chains on the rear tires.

Good luck!

Phill

Last edited:
I got a pair from tirechains.com. If you are interested I may have a pair that I don't need anymore as I bought a truck with different size tires. I can check to see if they fit tonight. I don't know exactly where you are located but it's probably within driving distance of me.

I don't have the V bar type but they look like they would work well. I have conventional chains and have not had a problem with them and I've been able to get out of some interesting places. I've bought chains from Tirechains.com and some of our walmarts here carry them for around $80 per set.

I got a pair from tirechains.com. If you are interested I may have a pair that I don't need anymore as I bought a truck with different size tires. I can check to see if they fit tonight. I don't know exactly where you are located but it's probably within driving distance of me.

Tire size is 285/75/16. Let me know. I am near the Brookville area outside Cincinnati.

Don't use bands sent with chains.Use bunji cords "X"style.Lock and load all !! 4X4!!Gettr'done!:cool:

I've used the v bar style on trucks and ATV's. As long as your not high centered, great bite! Carry extra bungee's

Back